• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy days - Munster Vs Toulouse May 2000

Found this clip.

What a great day.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2000/0506/6news.html

Quality is poor, but then again after all the alcohol, so is my memory of the weekend [img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]

Brilliant Mad Dog. That was an amazing day and possibly my favorite trip of all.

I went there thinking that Munster didnt have a hope, but I had
    followed the games from the box and wanted to get to a game, absolute
    class.

And ROG's try that day was possibly the greatest try I have ever seen
    live. The amount of hands the ball went through and the speed of the
    move was excellent.

Crotty was my man of teh match that day. Interesting interview.

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Thanks for that,Mad Dog. Happy days.
      The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Thanks Mad Dog ,was there but have never seen any of it on TV
        What once were vices,now are habits

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor
          Brilliant Mad Dog. That was an amazing day and possibly my favorite trip of all.
          I went there thinking that Munster didnt have a hope, but I had followed the games from the box and wanted to get to a game, absolute class.
          And ROG's try that day was possibly the greatest try I have ever seen live. The amount of hands the ball went through and the speed of the move was excellent.
          Crotty was my man of teh match that day. Interesting interview.

Crotty was a sound andvery dependable full-back. OK he didn't have his greatest day in the 2002 Final but his overall performance for Munster was top-class. I hope he's doing OK wherever he is now. Anybody know?
          The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Hollands intercept was my most outstanding memory. I was in corner upper where the bull scored, When holland made the intercept I wasn't cheering because it wasn't real Irish teams don't get intercepts not in the south of france not anywhere. He scored I was thinking the ref hasn't blownfor a penalty against us OH MY GOD WE SCORED. The toulouse supporters that day were something else one of the band was beside us and they werent leaving until we left. They played for us they played for our team they were just outstanding.

Is it only a game?
            And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness

Crotty was a sound andvery dependable full-back. OK he didn't have his greatest day in the 2002 Final but his overall performance for Munster was top-class. I hope he's doing OK wherever he is now. Anybody know?

Iread something on this site around the time of The Final, about all the messages to the team before the final from former players, one of whom was Dominic Crotty. The article said he's currently doing a PhD or a Doctorate someplace in the US.

As the great warrior poet Ice Cube once said, “if the day does not require an AK, it is good.”

Comment

More happy days, this time the miracle match... (the video highlights are in the middle of the page)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire...3/01/20/glos_m unster.shtml

And for good measure a "home video" from a Gloucester fan whohad some good things to say about the Munster welcome!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire...on/glawster.sh tml

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Iread something on this site around the time of The Final, about all the messages to the team before the final from former players, one of whom was Dominic Crotty. The article said he's currently doing a PhD or a Doctorate someplace in the US.

[/QUOTE]

That's right - Raleigh, North Carolina I think.

ScotScor - ROG's try was something else alright. I remember seeing it on tv later that day - I didn't seehim touch it downlive, because by the time he got under the posts everyone was hopping around me in celebration/anticipation and I ended up face down on the terrace. Like you, I didn't really fancy Munster's chances - and I remember not being too sure at half time either. John Langford came into the stands after the game, I shook his hand and said well done, and he said thanks for coming all the way down to France - nice fella.

Great night that night in the Irish bar (don't remember the name) - I was up on stage singing a few times [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X