London accomodation for the Fianl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London accomodation for the Fianl

im just looking for some advice re accomodation in london for the final.

7 of us have got the flights booked, got the tickets and have provisionally booked accomodation in hounslow. some are flying to heathrow and the rest to gatwick.

would it make more sense to stay in london city centre, if that was possible or would Hounslow be a good spot anyway.

[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

i definitely need a drink before the day is out. apologies for the typo, the heading should of course be the final

sorry folks, been a long week

Comment

Stay in the city centre

It happened, and I was there.
      4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
      What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

Strand Palace Hotel is decent, its on Strand (funnily enough!), very central, near Embankment tube station

Comment

There's loads of fairly decently priced (for London) hotels near the Victoria Train/Tube and Coach stations.
          Travel options to Twickers from there include District Line tube to Richmond then local bus from there.
          Also fairly handy to get into the West End via the Victoria line tube to Green Park.

edit: Use a hotel search site such as laterooms.com (.co.uk ?) to find the hotels names/contact details and call them direct for advance bookings.

I am not an alcoholic - alcoholics go to meetings.

Comment

To be honest, I wouldn't stay in the centre. You won't know there's a match on there.

Twickenham/Richmond is your best bet if you want a rugby weekend.
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
            X