SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Apart from the Munster allocation and the ERC skim off, the Scarlets look like distributing their allocation as follows -

First 1,500 or so season ticket holders will be able to buy a second ticket (probably for the East Terrace).

Remaining season ticket holderswill be able to buy one ticket only (or their own seat if a stand season ticket). Reckon thats about 2,000.

Then they go on sale to peoplewho are on the data-base as having bought tickets for at least four games this season.

After that, any left go on sale to the public at Stradey.

There will be NO internet sales and Munster will get their allocation to do what they will with.

• Ragusa
    replied

Originally posted by Eastender
    is there any chance that this thread will find it's way back to a Llanelli tickets situation. This paying players debate and who is a real fan is interesting but surely not for this thread.
    Hear hear we just want to know we can get our hands on more tickets for LLanelli. Any suggestions????? Would big money buy them???

BTW do the Scarlets have one of those stadium gates that if enough fellas gave a good shove that you are inside[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img] ????? Cant remember from the last time I was there.

Leave a comment:

• ECSquared
    replied
    Originally posted by Point
    Originally posted by wildRover

Paying players attracts quality guys who might otherwise be playing GAA or soccer, it also keeps the general standard higher as guys can be getting paid to train instead of working overtime to make ends meet etc. The higher the standard the closer they are to being at the level required to play for Munster. It is a necessary evil.

Perhaps, but is it necessary to be paying players down at Junior Level ? Or AIL Div 2 and 3 for that matter ? Would it not be better to allow a top tier of paid players (under Interpro contracts), and allow everyone else go back to what they were before i.e. play rugby because they enjoyed it ?

I agree with Point on this one, I think the payment thing is part of the reason (they are many) why so many young fellas give up hitting the 20/21 mark. Becuase your paid alot of clubs insisit you be there for training, take Fridays off to travel away etc. Now if your resonably serious about your rugby then your going to do those things anway, but payment nearly turns it into an employer-employee relationship which isnt that much fun.

Mind you others would argue isnt it great to be getting paid that extra few quid (which is all it is down the totem pole in Div 2 and 3) to play.

Leave a comment:

• Lurker
    replied
    Anyone (i.e. probably a Full Member with combined ML season ticket who does not want to travel to Llanelli but wants to go to Croke Park) want to swap a Llanelli ticket for a French or English croker 6 Nations ticket?

Leave a comment:

• Point
    replied
    Originally posted by wildRover

Paying players attracts quality guys who might otherwise be playing GAA or soccer, it also keeps the general standard higher as guys can be getting paid to train instead of working overtime to make ends meet etc. The higher the standard the closer they are to being at the level required to play for Munster. It is a necessary evil.

Perhaps, but is it necessary to be paying players down at Junior Level ? Or AIL Div 2 and 3 for that matter ? Would it not be better to allow a top tier of paid players (under Interpro contracts), and allow everyone else go back to what they were before i.e. play rugby because they enjoyed it ?

Leave a comment:

• wildRover
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Point
    replied

Originally posted by Lebowski
    Totally agree but you have a situation with some clubs who take a view that they will not pay players ,then what happens? Another club will come along a take their best players for a few bob each week. I know one senior club who went back to not paying players a few years ago and nearly got religated.....Dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.

Very true, but the current situation can't continue forever. And if the IRFU force them all to go back to amateur, I'm sure you would still have clubs paying under the counter. Maybe a ringfenced AIL with either the 10 top clubs from the last 16 years or 10 scratch/representative sides ?

Leave a comment:

• Eastender
    replied

is there any chance that this thread will find it's way back to a Llanelli tickets situation. This paying players debate and who is a real fan is interesting but surely not for this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Lebowski
    replied
    Totally agree but you have a situation with some clubs who take a view that they will not pay players ,then what happens? Another club will come along a take their best players for a few bob each week. I know one senior club who went back to not paying players a few years ago and nearly got religated.....Dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.

Leave a comment:

• Point
    replied

Originally posted by Lebowski
    Point do you not think the problem lies with players at a club who demand money to play each week in whats supposed to be an amateur game. I've said it before but I know of a club who were in division 2 junior who paid players £100 a week (old money).Players playing division 1 junior also get paid by some clubs. I have heard amounts of €250 a week. The only source to get money to cover this is to chargeextra for Heineken cup tickets. I dont agree with this btw.

It's a chicken and egg situation, isn't it ? If the clubs didn't pay the money the players wouldn't be asking for it, and vice versa. It is such a waste of money, that clubs could be investing in facilities etc.

Leave a comment:

• Lebowski
    replied
    Point do you not think the problem lies with players at a club who demand money to play each week in whats supposed to be an amateur game. I've said it before but I know of a club who were in division 2 junior who paid players £100 a week (old money).Players playing division 1 junior also get paid by some clubs. I have heard amounts of €250 a week. The only source to get money to cover this is to chargeextra for Heineken cup tickets. I dont agree with this btw.

Leave a comment:

• Point
    replied

Cordie/Wildrover there was nothing snide in what I said, just fact. Munster Rugby is (supposed to be) a professional organisation under the umbrella of the IRFU yet doesn't have control over its tickets. Indeed such is the botched nature that the IRFU have allowed to be created, the clubs can call EGMs to force even structural change or extratickets with in that supposed professional organisation.

This has caused a drop in gate receipts infor example, a Full member of the MRSC (with the HC tkts) HAS to purchase a ML season ticket. If Munster Rugby had full control over those HCtickets that the clubs take, they could have soldthem bundled with a ML season ticket. As it stands, the clubs take the HC tickets andtherehas been a minimal take upof ML season tickets. Considering the clubs take about 6,000 HC (or more ?) tkts, that is a large sum ofmoney.

This is the fault of the IRFU for not sorting this situation out sooner.

Leave a comment:

• Ragusa
    replied
    Is this the Rerun of "Who is a real/true supporter" debate that we have everytime a ticket shortage comes up. We are kinda bored lads with it and maybe we will get the answer to the question when New TP can handle 26,000 supporters and there is no shortage of tickets. Could you hold over this major debate until then??

If you want tickets for LLanelli contact your local Bank of Scotland manager now known as Halifax as they bankroll Llanelli and they need all of the €uros they can get to keep down the overdraft down[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img] The more you owe them the better chance you have of getting a ticket for the match.

Leave a comment:

• wildRover
    replied
    So the only way you can be classed as a "true" Munster supporter is if you have a season ticket?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mensa material I'd say.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X