New member says hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member says hello

Just newly registrated and wanna introduce myself shortly: I'm from Hamburg and following the wonderful game of Rugby for more than 10 years now - even though Germany is a Rugbydesert and only very rarely matches are shown on tv. Anyway: There are always dvds around so I manage to see a lot like the Six Nations, Autumn Internationals, RWC, Tri-Nations - and of course as manyMunster matches as possible [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

I've been to Wales for a couple of matches but this weekend willsee my first trip to Ireland to see the Men in Green play live! I guess you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to this. Even more I'd like to see old Thomond Park in full effect but I guess that won't happen since my budget is a bit tight and I might only be able to makea trip to Limerick after the reconstruction of the ground...

See you in Dublin,

Holger

Welcome Holger![img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Enjoy the site. Check out the chatroom, in the evenings.

Comment

Welcome Holger, enjoy the site

Comment

Welcome Holger ! Ryanair are supposed to be basing 3 or 4 new planes out of Cork early next year, and I heard from a colleague in Hamburg that they will have a service from Lubeck to Cork. Good for you (direct flights) and if you can bring over a schweinhaxe takeaway, good for me !!! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome Holger, I'm Pascal and I live in an even bigger rugby desert than you [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]Belgium...still angry at your lot for beating us in the pre-qualifying round of the RWC2007 [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]Hope you can amke it to as many Munster games as possible in the future..it's really worth it [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

It would be unfair of me not to point out that St. Pauli is the red light district of Hamburg[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]Excellent choice of username, welcome to the site.

Comment

Yeah right, St.Pauli IS Hamburg's Red Light district - but it's also the name of a football team I support. 3rd divison but about 18.000 supporter at every match anyway. In 2001 we were even in the Bundesliga (like Premiership) and did beat mighty Bayern Munich! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

@Pascal BXL: I fear Germany will never make it to a RWC :-(

(But I have tix for next year's anyway... )

@The Point: Good news about Ryanair. Makes it a lot cheaper to come over [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by St.Pauli

Yeah right, St.Pauli IS Hamburg's Red Light district - but it's also the name of a football team I support.

Yeah, that's always my excuse as well[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

How did you hear about this site, St Pauli ?

Comment

Originally posted by Point
                    How did you hear about this site, St Pauli ?

Read "Stand Up And Fight" first, saw Munster ondvd then and started searching the web for likeminded people. [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

never realised the tortuous cooking process....... [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Clean and dice the leek, celery, carrot and onion. Cook the pork hocks, diced vegetables, salt and peppercorns in water deep enough to cover for 2 to 3 hours or until tender.

Do not overcook. Remove from the water and drain well, reserving the vegetables and cooking liquid.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Melt the fat in a cast iron Dutch oven.

Add the drained pork hocks, cooked vegetables and a small amount of the cooking liquid. Before the meat is fully baked, sprinkle with beer in which a good amount of salt has been dissolved.
                      Serve with bread dumplings.

Comment

St.Pauli is also a beer isn't it? Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome, enjoy the site.
                          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by zeno

No, the most famous beer from Hamburg/St.Pauli is called ASTRA.

@The Point: I'm a vegetarian!!! [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by St.Pauli

Originally posted by zeno

No, the most famous beer from Hamburg/St.Pauli is called ASTRA.

@The Point: I'm a vegetarian!!! [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

More for me !!! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

So the delights of the Freisenkellar has escaped you ?

Comment

Working...
                              X