Twickenham tickets selling fast

<TABLE =std_newsartd cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="Layout table">
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD =date>23 January 2007, 5:48 pm</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =multimedia></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =abstract>European Rugby chief executive Derek McGrath has warned tickets are running out for the Twickenham final after record attendances at the group stages...</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =article>He was speaking after the semi-final draw which saw Biarritz or Northampton get a home draw against London Wasps or Leinster, while Leicester or Stade Francais got a home draw against Munster or Llanelli Scarlets.

Already 48,000 tickets have been sold for the Twickenham final on May 20th, while 15,000 tickets will be held back for the two finalists. McGrath warned that anyone wanting to go to the final should make sure of their ticket soon.

He also revealed that attendances in the groups stages were 60,000 up from last season, showing the Heineken Cup is getting bigger and bigger.

"We have had a great tournament this year and the quality of what is happening on the pitch is clearly attracting people in greater numbers," said McGrath.

"We have had 60,000 more people than last year, so they are clearly liking what the players are doing and hats off to them for that performance.

"Now we have eight quarter-finalists from four different countries and in particular well done to Wales who have been through their pain. They now show there is gain in that pain and they almost had two teams in the quarter-finals.

"For us to have the spread of countries is very important for a tournament like ours which is looking to sell itself across a spread of countries.

"In the quarter-finals we have a nice spread. Two games in England, a game in Wales and one in France. We have had the semi-finals draw as well and there are bound to be surprises along the way because there always are.

"We have already old 48,000 tickets for the final which is a record for us at this stage. There is still a bit more to do but people need to make sure of getting their ticket to not miss the opportunity. People should respond very quickly."
    </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Only tickets available are for the £50+ sections.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Flights are gone loopy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born
        Only tickets available are for the £50+ sections.

not exactly the pick of the bunch either. corner seats mostly
        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

I got some in the middle tier and in the center section of the North Stand last night, 60stg a pop though, the top tier is even higher that Cardiff, just little ants running around the pitch, so well worth the extra few bob.

Comment

Thank God I bought mine last June ! Now I need to book flights to Heathrow (by far the handiest airport for Twickers). Hopefully the lads can beat Llanelli, Leicester / Stade F and be there in the final.
            "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Got 3 for £35 ages ago. Haven't booked flights/accom yet tho.

Comment

Working...
              X