Fuppin Touts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuppin Touts

Congrats to Leicester they were well worth the win, the fans in the graound were great too lots of colour and noise. There were another bunch of Tigers fans I came accross earlier who managed to really piss me off.

Got the train down from Dub on Saturday morning. Lots of Leicester fans on it after flying over the day before. Just after leaving Dublin the one-legged tout (he's always touting at Ireland matches but I've noticed him outside Thomond as well recently) came down the train offering €100 for any spare tickets. He did a few more laps offering €150 and then €200. Everyone got off at Lim Junction and another tout turned up, I presume he got off the Dublin train as well. He seemed to know the on-legged guy but went up to the Leciester fans looking for tickets. He offered €300 one of the Tigers fans said yes and the tout pulled a big wad of used €50 notes out of the poca and gave him the €300. A couple more Tigers fans followed suit. I was sitting next to a Tigers fan at this stage who was refusing to sell. He knew the lads who had sold up and started b***hing to them about travelling so far and not even going to the match. I know from reading the Leicester chat room that a lot of fans travelled over without tickets. Anyone who did get one should have been a season-ticket holder or member but to then go off and sell to touts is just disgusting. I can only imagine some of them prob managed to pick up replacements at cost off some genuinely helpful supporters. Don't know if Leicester have any way of tracking where their tickets went but it's a bit too late to do anything now anyway.

I sent the one legged tout packing, told him he'd lose the other leg if he didn't feck off.

The kids were having a field day with the recycled tickets yesterday. To be fair to the cops when they got a genuine case where someone had paid a couple of hundred for a used ticket they'd let them in.

The cops HATE the touts, but because the law is one the touts side there isn't a thing they can do.

I couldn't believe how many people were there looking for tickets (me included). At one point at around 3.30 there was as many people without tickets as was there with tickets. Maybe about 1,000 people?

Madness. Utter madness.

Oh and can someone get rid of that Dub with the loudhailer, he's not funny, he's of little use and doesn't seem to provide any other useful information other than he's a plank!
    Hibernicis natione, Mumhan per gratiam Dei

Comment

<!-
      var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
      var SymReal;

Sym()
      {
      window.open = SymWinOpen;
      if(SymReal != null)
      SymReal();
      }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
      {
      if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
      SymReal&#079;nLoad();
      window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
      SymReal = window.;
      window. = Sym;
      }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
      window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

The one legged tout was in dolans before the game aswell. he was offering €100 for tickets. Some leicester guys brought over a ticket to auction for the Matt Hamston Fund. The tout got it for €160. People were reluctant to bid against him cause he had one leg. I was trying to tell everyone i could that he was a tout.

Comment

Originally posted by neiljung

Congrats to Leicester they were well worth the win, the fans in the graound were great too lots of colour and noise. There were another bunch of Tigers fans I came accross earlier who managed to really piss me off.

Got the train down from Dub on Saturday morning. Lots of Leicester fans on it after flying over the day before. Just after leaving Dublin the one-legged tout (he's always touting at Ireland matches but I've noticed him outside Thomond as well recently) came down the train offering €100 for any spare tickets. He did a few more laps offering €150 and then €200. Everyone got off at Lim Junction and another tout turned up, I presume he got off the Dublin train as well. He seemed to know the on-legged guy but went up to the Leciester fans looking for tickets. He offered €300 one of the Tigers fans said yes and the tout pulled a big wad of used €50 notes out of the poca and gave him the €300. A couple more Tigers fans followed suit. I was sitting next to a Tigers fan at this stage who was refusing to sell. He knew the lads who had sold up and started b***hing to them about travelling so far and not even going to the match. I know from reading the Leicester chat room that a lot of fans travelled over without tickets. Anyone who did get one should have been a season-ticket holder or member but to then go off and sell to touts is just disgusting. I can only imagine some of them prob managed to pick up replacements at cost off some genuinely helpful supporters. Don't know if Leicester have any way of tracking where their tickets went but it's a bit too late to do anything now anyway.

If he bought it for €300 how much did he reckon he was going to sell it for? This amazes me that genuine supporters are willing to encourage this behaviour by willing to buy for over the odds.

Comment

Heard that tickets were changing hands in the city centre for up to €400 before the game

Comment

Originally posted by huron
            I sent the one legged tout packing, told him he'd lose the other leg if he didn't feck off.

The kids were having a field day with the recycled tickets yesterday. To be fair to the cops when they got a genuine case where someone had paid a couple of hundred for a used ticket they'd let them in.

The cops HATE the touts, but because the law is one the touts side there isn't a thing they can do.

I couldn't believe how many people were there looking for tickets (me included). At one point at around 3.30 there was as many people without tickets as was there with tickets. Maybe about 1,000 people?

Madness. Utter madness.

Oh and can someone get rid of that Dub with the loudhailer, he's not funny, he's of little use and doesn't seem to provide any other useful information other than he's a plank!

Good on you for telling the one-legged cnut where to go !!!

Also agree with you about the idiot with the loudhailer one of his sayings was " the road is for cars not people" doh!!!

Comment

I was never so depressed as I was standing outside that game with the
              many others hoping for a ticket, certainly won't travel up to the
              ground again unless I'm sorted. Roll on the new stands and hopefully
              relive some of the pressure of this nonsense. Was chatting to a guy in
              the pub and he said he met someone outside the ground with 500 bucks in
              his hand asking anyone for a ticket. Maddness ...

Comment

500? And I thought I was nuts paying 50 a half hour into the first half!
                Hibernicis natione, Mumhan per gratiam Dei

Comment

Madness. Utter madness.

Sorry I was outside Thomond early on, the onelegged wonder was asking in a loud voice any spare tickets 100 euro. Cops could have told hime to move on. I was amazed that he could do that in front of the boys on bikes.
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

<!-
                    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                    var SymReal;

Sym()
                    {
                    window.open = SymWinOpen;
                    if(SymReal != null)
                    SymReal();
                    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                    {
                    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                    SymReal = window.;
                    window. = Sym;
                    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

I know of a guy working in Nenagh hospital who offered a buddy of mine (a colleague of his own) a ticket for €500. I would love to know who he was and report the git especially if he is a member of Nenagh RFC.
                    "This was the performance Ireland had been threatening all championship but had only managed to produce in fits and starts. Defeats at the hands of France and Wales had put paid to their title aspirations, never mind a Grand Slam, but yesterday’s emphatic 24-8 win shows that this is a team moving in the right direction."

The Irish Times after Ireland beat England at Lansdowne Road on 19/03/11

Comment

that one legged tout came up to me in Dolan's as I was on the door for the prematch. he was begging me for tickets. nearly crying the gowl. told him no, feck off. he goes into the loo and stayed in there for half an hour. Mr Dolan went in and heard him on the phone to some fella saying there was none in dolan's and he was going on to the next pub. he came out and got kicked out. dunno how he got back in to buy the ticket of the leicester fan.
                      "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

Madness. Utter madness.

Sorry I was outside Thomond early on, the onelegged wonder was asking in a loud voice any spare tickets 100 euro. Cops could have told hime to move on. I was amazed that he could do that in front of the boys on bikes.
                        He wasn't doing anything that they could move him on for, I assume.
                        Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                        Munster: Early Season
                        Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                        Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                        Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Must have been on the sane train a you Neil, Told the olt what I
                          thoughto f touts, he asked would I be as brave talking to drug dealers
                          in Limerick (thought that was a bit weird) Seen him outside croker a
                          few times.

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Some Leicester fans auctioned a ticket in Dolans before the match in aid of the Matt Hampson trust. The one legged tout won the auction with a bid of €170 (he gave then €175).....he obviously had people waiting for these tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk

Some Leicester fans auctioned a ticket in Dolans before the match in aid of the Matt Hampson trust. The one legged tout won the auction with a bid of €170 (he gave then €175).....he obviously had people waiting for these tickets.

Was this one legged leach at the MRSC prematch lunch or was the ticket auctioned in the bar ?
                              "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X