Which is the best book?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is the best book?

I`m expecting to get all 3 and a DVD over xmas and B`day but which one best covers Munster`s story?
    Beyond Our Wildest Dreams
    0%
    Our Road To Glory
    0%
    The Phenomenen
    0%

just read our road to glory, thought it was a great read, id defo go for that, havent read the others though but the players contributed to this one so thats what puts it ahead for me[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

Definitely not "The phenomen". Apologies to the author but it is a truely awful book

Comment

Our road to glory is a fantastic read, and there are some superb photographs to accompany the stories.
        <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
        http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
        </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

tell people buying presents not to buy the Phenomenen. it is a terrible book

bought the other two the other day but havent read them yet
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

I bought the Ciarán Cronin and the Alan English books. I gave both of them a quick read through and thought both were very good. I haven't been able to read either fully 'cos my daughter has "borrowed" them [img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]

Comment

Our Road to Glory is excellent and covers last season particularly well but IMHO Cronins book just about shades it as it has some great detail on all the past seasons and I particularly liked the interviews with Alan Gaffney.Its probably more of an anoraks bible though.
              What once were vices,now are habits

Comment

Im getting our road to glory and Beyond our wildest dreams for xmas. [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                There Rice krispie cakes not buns

Comment

Our Road to Glory was a great read, very similar in style to Stand up &amp; Fight. Only flicked through Dreams but still a fine effort.

Is Munster rugby: The Secret of Their Success by Eoin Murphy the same book (rehashed) as The Phenomenon ????

Comment

Road to Glory - very enjoyable. bought it on way to business trip in London..didn't even ntoice the flight delay...then finished it before heading to airport on way back...bumped into parents on way to Australia on walk way and handed it over....apparently they fought over who got to read it first [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

our road to glory is a fantastic read

Comment

If you get both (They're both excellent - forget Pheneomenon) be sure
                        to read Cronin's first.

English's book covers the same ground as Cronin's but English tells all
                        from the players' point of view.

So if you read English first, then you'll find Cronin really isn't adding a
                        great deal more - which is a shame. whereas if you read Cronin's first
                        then you get the added experience of the players' viewpoint on
                        Munster's long march.

Hope that makes sense
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

agree with rathbaner's sentiments with the following addendum ...

Cronin's book covers the past HEC seasons in more detail, and includes HEC-impacting CL activity as well. definitely recommend the two books as a pair.

I got both as they were published, and in that order they're fantastic. Cronin's book leaves you wanting a bit more, but paired with the alan english book they fill it all out. The only thing I still want is a dedicated photographic book covering the 11 seasons...

Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Our Road to Glory is @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold; text-decorati&#111;n: underline;">Excellent@@@@/SPAN>. Cannot recommend it enough! Every Munster fan should read it. After reading this thread I wanna go out and read "@@@@SPAN ="text">Beyond Our Wildest Dreams@@@@/SPAN>".

As someone mentioned also "Stand up and Fight" is excellent also. Especially if you have an interest in the history of Munster Rugby.

Comment

Working...
                            X