Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winning poem

There was a red army from Munster....
    won the Heineken cup just for Funster....
    Having conquered the best-
    they steamrolled the rest...

cause at rugby they're clearly number onester...............

I think this was the winning poem in a competition on the radio station to win tickets for the Munster - Leicester game and €1000 spending... sweet prize..... pretty good.. nice one mate...[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Now I may not know a lot aboutpoetry, but can i just say that that is the greatest piece of poetry that I have ever read.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

WB Yeats eat your heart out[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Was the winning composer of this elegant pome from Limerick , perchance?[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
          Now I may not know a lot aboutpoetry, but can i just say that that is the greatest piece of poetry that I have ever read.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
          Both the Poem and your comment, brings tears to my eyes they are so good...!![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Not sure where the winner was from.. just caught the end of the radio comment and wanted to post it on MF.com for the craic....[img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]
          He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

A Limerick! What a Corker!
            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Here are the competition details and prize on offer

The Pat Kenny Show in association with Limerick is offering a prize for the best limerick starting with ‘There was a red army from Munster' and consist of 5 lines including above. The prize includes the following

2 Stand Tickets to Munster versus Leicester Saturday 20 January 2006

1 night’s accommodation at the George Boutique Hotel, O’Connell Street, Limerick for 2 people with champagne on arrival

€1,000 spending voucher for Brown Thomas

Transport to and from the match within Ireland

All entries to todaypk@rte.ie or posted to The Pat Kenny Radio Show, RTE, Donnybrook, Dublin 4. Closing date is Wednesday 17th January 2007

Comment

Sorry,

smilies refusing to remove themselves from above post.

Comment

http://www.munsterrugbysupporters.co...up/www/index.a sp?magpage=6&amp;id=8989

Comment

Sorry for any budding poets have just been informed that the closing date is actually wednesday 17th january.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolat

Here are the competition details and prize on offer

The Pat Kenny Show in association with Limerick is offering a prize for the best limerick starting with ‘There was a red army from Munster' and consist of 5 lines including above. The prize includes the following

2 Stand Tickets to Munster versus Leicester Saturday 20 January 2006

1 night’s accommodation at the George Boutique Hotel, O’Connell Street, Limerick for 2 people with champagne on arrival

€1,000 spending voucher for Brown Thomas

Transport to and from the match within Ireland

All entries to todaypk@rte.ie or posted to The Pat Kenny Radio Show, RTE, Donnybrook, Dublin 4. Closing date is Wednesday 17th January 2007

ahhhhhhhhhhh ok... so the competition isn't over.... i don't know what i heard on the radio then... still whoever wrote that poem is a genius!!

best of luck to the rest of us who enter though!!

Comment

where's your entry ILC?
                        <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                        http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                        </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
                          where's your entry ILC?
                          Ruck, we should meet up for a pint first, before I start showing you my poetry......!!![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X