• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geneva Fact-Pack

http://www.munsterrugbysupporters.co...up/www/index.a sp?magpage=6&id=8985

Looks like someone was on a fact hunt.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Compiled by Alain Maissen, born and bred Geneva native married to a lovely lady Kathy from Mayo.

I worked with Alain in Geneva, a sound guy and a passionate fan of Munster!

Alain's first live Munster game was against Leicester at the final in Cardiff a number of years ago. He is nowa member of the supporters club and has been at a couple of Magners league games this year.

He posts on this board as "Mace".

Comment

A thorough gent, has helped not only Munster Sports Travel but also Munster Rugby over the last couple of months in him being the guide and "man on the ground" in Geneva.

Comment

Fair play to Him[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
          I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

Originally posted by MRSC PRO

A thorough gent, has helped not only Munster Sports Travel but also Munster Rugby over the last couple of months in him being the guide and "man on the ground" in Geneva.

Fair comment Glenn!

I introduced Alain to a few people in Dolan's last year (Dec 2005 - after the Connacht match) as the president of the Swiss supporters club!

Funny how things turn out, he has now assisted the branch in Geneva. He even cried after the final in Cardiff last year against Biarritz, hope he isn't reading or he will ring my neck...lol.

Comment

Did Alain ever recover from the night before the Perpignan game in Searsons?[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born
                Did Alain ever recover from the night before the Perpignan game in Searsons?[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Heck that was one hell of a session, I remember him reprimanding me for agreeing (under duress and 8 pints) to swap my Munster jersey for a terrible polyster Perpignan jersey.

We shared a room in a hotel in Rathmines that evening, I was out for the count snoring, in the middle of the night Alain(half asleep) opened the door of the toilet and walked out, but unfortunately it was the door of the room and now he was in the lobby and then thedoor locked behind him.

He banged on the door but I was out for the count, he had to walk to reception in his boxer shorts and request a key.

He got some strange looks!

Comment

The USAP jersey was a snug fit as well.[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

Comment

<!-
                    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                    var SymReal;

Sym()
                    {
                    window.open = SymWinOpen;
                    if(SymReal != null)
                    SymReal();
                    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                    {
                    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                    SymReal = window.;
                    window. = Sym;
                    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->Does anyone know if they will accept euro in Switzerland, at a standard rate?

<!-
                    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                    var SymReal;

Sym()
                    {
                    window.open = SymWinOpen;
                    if(SymReal != null)
                    SymReal();
                    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                    {
                    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                    SymReal = window.;
                    window. = Sym;
                    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Just found out they don't. apparently they're very anti-euro

Comment

Heck yes, I have lost 2 stone since then, thank God!

Comment

According to the weather forecast its going to be cold over there in the afternoons 4-5 degrees on saturday and sunday. Layers of clothes will be the order of the day if we are not to die of frostbite.

Munster to Win the HCUP in 2012!

Comment

Originally posted by GO'C

Heck yes, I have lost 2 stone since then, thank God!

you were in some state the next day [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Jim, the pints you, your Dad and Kieran bought mesorted me out!

Comment

Came across this on wikipedia, looks like all the bars including Pickwick, close at midnight on Sunday night.
                              <H2>Drink</H2>
                              <UL last="null">
                              <LI>Les Brasseurs, 20 Place de Cornavin (directly across from the train station), (+41) 22 731 02 06. Tuesday to Saturday until 2:00am, Sunday and Monday until midnight. One of the few brew pubs in Geneva, Les Brass serves three flavors of home brew in the usual half pints, pints, and liter glasses or you can go for one of the giant plastic tubes filled with three to five liters. A small menu of pub food and a full restaurant in the back makes it a good spot to waste an evening.. Beer: 3.40 Chf. - $7.40 Chf. http://www.les-brasseurs.ch/
                              <LI>Café de la Gare, 2 rue de Montbrillant (directly outside of the TGV arrival area of the Gare Cornavin), until 11:00pm daily. Of the two restaurants attached to the hotel Montbrillant this is the pick. The beautifully decorated but unpretentious Café de la Gare captures the laid-back feel of some of the best sidewalk cafés in Paris. It's a great place for dinner as well, with excellent Swiss, French, and Italian offerings. Beer and wine: 3-4 Chf.
                              <LI>Pickwicks, 80, rue de Lausanne (Take the number 13 Tram from Cornavin toward Nations), (+41) 22/731 6797 ([info@mr-pickwick.com]). Wednesday to Saturday until 2:00am Sunday to Tuesday until midnight. One of the half-dozen or so British pubs. Usually full of football watching ex-pats eating fish and chips while sipping Guinness. Saturday night has low-key dancing to sometimes cheesy disco and pop music. A laid-back, friendly spot. http://www.mr-pickwick.com/
                              <LI>Alhambar, 10, rue de la Rôtisserie (Enter in back off of Parc Pélisserie). (+41) 22 312 1313 (info@alhambar.com). Monday noon until 2:00pm, Tuesday through Friday noon until 2:00pm and 6:00pm until 2:00am, Saturday 5:00pm until 2:00am, Sunday 11:00am until midnight. A sw**ky cocktail bar above the Alhambra Theater. Pretty people in a pretty room, usually with a DJ. A small tapas menu early in the evening and a nice brunch on weekends until 2pm. http://www.alhambar.com
                              <LI>La Clémence, Place Bourg-de-Four. Open from 11:00am until midnight, every day This cozy little bar on the central square of Geneva's old town more than quintuples in size from April until October when it is able to use a huge swath of the place as it's terrace. During warm weather it's packed, but is such a lovely and central stopping point that it's worth the wait for a table - check out the gallery on their website. In the winter they have the best vin chaud in town. http://www.laclemence.ch/index.en.html </LI>[/list]

Comment

Working...
                              X