<TD =line>Thomond Park Re-development Ticket Offer Announced</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =date>9 January 2007, 10:59 am</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =author>By Trish Drinan</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =multimedia></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =abstract>Munster Rugby today announced the availability of advance ticket purchase for the premier East Stand in the soon to be re-developed Thomond Park rugby ground in Limerick.</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =article>

Munster Rugby fans can now secure guaranteed Stand ticket for new look famous stadium
    Scheduled re-opening, Autumn 2008

A limited 1,500 tickets are being put on offer in an attractive Ten Year Ticket Scheme which will ensure that purchasers will be guaranteed a privileged place at the proud new showcase of Munster Rugby.

Limerick’s new look rugby venue of unique architectural flair and state of the art spectator facilities is scheduled for unveiling in Autumn, 2008.

At a cost of just €5,500, Munster Rugby fans are being offered:
    <UL>
    <LI>Guaranteed ticket for 10 years
    <LI>Prime located East Stand seating
    <LI>Secured position between “22’s’’
    <LI>3 X Heineken Cup pool matches each season
    <LI>4 X Magners League matches each season
    <LI>Option to purchase ticket for any other Representative match run by Munster Rugby in Thomond Park
    <LI>Opportunity to purchase ticket for any other home match run by Munster Rugby moved to a larger ground, e.g., Quarter finals, etc
    Priority to renew if scheme is extended.</LI>[/list]

A bonus element of the Thomond Park Ten Year Ticket Scheme is that agreement is in place for Munster’s entire home Heineken European Cup Pool matches to be played at the Limerick venue for the 10 years period from the opening of the Stadium, which is scheduled for Autumn 2008.

Pat Whelan, Chairman of the Thomond Park Re- Development Committee says: “Since we formally unveiled the architect’s plans for the re-development of Thomond Park, coupled with Munster’s continued success in the Heineken Cup, we have been inundated with enquiries about advance ticket purchase. The initial Ten Year Ticket offer of 1,000 places was quickly snapped up and in order to try and meet on-going demand we are now making an additional 1,500 East Stand stand tickets available. I would not envisage a further offer being made at this stage.’’

Based on a first come first served principle, the Ten Year Ticket offer can be secured on-line, via, www.thomondpark.ie. Enquiries can also be made to The Hospitality Partnership, e-mail: info@thp.ie; Telephone: 00-353 (0)1 6762728; Fax: 00 353 (0) 1 6766121.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

A bonus element of the Thomond Park Ten Year Ticket Scheme is that agreement is in place for Munster’s entire home Heineken European Cup Pool matches to be played at the Limerick venue for the 10 years period from the opening of the Stadium, which is scheduled for Autumn 2008.

Comment

Have you noticed they have increased the price from €5,000 to €5,500 ?

AND, they now admit they only sold 1,000 of the previous "phase" rather than the 2,000 they said previously.

Comment

I found this on the old site

"When this was first announced the MB announced there were 4,000 on sale for €5,000 each. The last announcement was that they had sold the full 2,000 of the first phase. This sounds like a load of horse manure. You've just won the Heineken Cup, there's no better time to sell as many tickets as you can, but you stop because you reach the end of a phase ???"

So now it is 1,000 [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Point

"When this was first announced the MB announced there were 4,000 on sale for €5,000 each. The last announcement was that they had sold the full 2,000 of the first phase. This sounds like a load of horse manure. You've just won the Heineken Cup, there's no better time to sell as many tickets as you can, but you stop because you reach the end of a phase ???"

Obviously that is not a quote from the Munster Branch. To the best of my knowledge the Munster Branch never claimed to have sold 2,000 10 year tickets. Others inferred they had.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob

Obviously that is not a quote from the Munster Branch. To the best of my knowledge the Munster Branch never claimed to have sold 2,000 10 year tickets. Others inferred they had.

I have a vague memory that Ken Lyons said 2,000. Open to correction on that.

Comment

€78 a tkt over 10 yrs....

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon
                €78 a tkt over 10 yrs....

One would be mad not to....

Comment

Have you noticed they have increased the price from €5,000 to €5,500 ?

AND, they now admit they only sold 1,000 of the previous "phase" rather than the 2,000 they said previously.

looks like I made a killing by getting in early!

Comment

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer...4/story16510.a sp

I 'm sure I saw something official stating 2,000 before this but I can't seem to find it yet. Anyway there is this

"Sunday’s big success by the Munster side against Leicester in the Heineken Cup will prove a massive boost when the IRFU put the second batch of ten-year Thomond Park tickets on the market.

When the first 1,250 ten year tickets were offered earlier this year they were snapped up within a few weeks.

They sold at €5,000 each and amassed €6.25m.

Ken Lyons, a member of the IRFU Thomond Park development committee, said: “The ten year tickets are premium stand tickets and the seats are located between both 22 metre lines. Ten year ticket holders get access to three Heineken Cup games and four league games each season. And the holders have options on the purchase of tickets for all other Munster games at Thomond Park and quarter final games at Lansdowne Road.”

It is believed that the remainder of the ten year tickets will be offered to fans once planning permission for the huge project is finalised. "

Comment

the opening of the Stadium, which is scheduled for Autumn 2008.

That's over eighteen months away. Where will next season's games be played?

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet

the opening of the Stadium, which is scheduled for Autumn 2008.

That's over eighteen months away. Where will next season's games be played?
                        At MP... [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

no only joking...[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

at TP delevopment will be behind the current "stands" ie.. new stand behind EAst terrace will be built first, then knock old Toyota stand and build new stand behind that..

but to facilitate the start of the works there'll be no games at TP until next seasons HEC i reckon,

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieG

but to facilitate the start of the works there'll be no games at TP until next seasons HEC

Or European Challenge Cup?

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Originally posted by RobbieG

but to facilitate the start of the works there'll be no games at TP until next seasons HEC

Or European Challenge Cup?

didn't kow Connacht were looking for a new ground OD, have they taken heart at selling out their clash with the HEC champs on NYE?

Comment

And I didn't realise that this season's HEC championshiphad already been decided - other than by Glorob, of course!
                              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Working...
                              X