Chatroom Match Commentary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chatroom Match Commentary

The new site is great but I miss the old live match threads. Is there anyway the match commentaries in the chatroom can be saved and posted? If you are at the game, you don't get to read any of the banter, er.. analysis.

Ozoyo/Mods? (Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.)
    "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

The point of the chatroom is all and every thing can be discussed and then it disappears for ever.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

I have to agree it is nice to able to come back and see other peoples views on the game.
      \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

The vast majority of posts in the chatroom should never be saved [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
          The vast majority of posts in the chatroom should never be saved [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

The 'threat' of being saved might raise the standard![img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
          "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD....

Originally posted by Dermot G

The 'threat' of being saved might raise the standard![img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

I thought the whole point of the chatroom was live chat and running commentary,as it is only relevant at that timeIMHO it should not be saved.

We have other threads for post match analysis.

Comment

I agree with both sides in this important discussion.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Could we have a recored chat session. And anything dubious can be commented out
                  Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Its either revert to the previous match thread format or stick with the chatroom. My preference is to revert to the original format because you log in and out every now and then and bring yourself up to speed with previous incidents in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by wildRover

Its either revert to the previous match thread format or stick with the chatroom. My preference is to revert to the original format because you log in and out every now and then and bring yourself up to speed with previous incidents in the game.

Originally posted by munsterbouy

have to agree it is nice to able to come back and see other peoples views on the game.

I'd prefer this too.

Comment

I like the chatroom - it's great for just nipping in and asking what the score is if you're busy and also for shooting the breeze during lulls if you're not busy (without irritating those who just want match commentary too much by going off topic). There's loads of post-match analysis threads for more considered ([img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]) comments.
                        Hope Not Hate

Comment

I'm not sure the chatroom match commentary is as detailed as we used to have anyway. Now that both ERC &ML are providing links to streaming commentary there's very little description of the game happening in the chatroom anyway.

half the time the chat consists of people looking for the radio links, and everyone else discussing everything but the match ! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

In the past the match threads tended to be someone watching it on TV updating it for everyone else that had no access to match coverage.

or on one or two rare occassions where there was no live coverage at all, it consisted of people posting updates from text messages received from others actually at the match.

Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Well i dont think the chatroom texts should be posted but given what you've said there i'll personally make more of an effort to post match updates/events of any matchs im watching on the TV that perhaps arent available to users in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Exile
                              Well i dont think the chatroom texts should be posted but given what you've said there i'll personally make more of an effort to post match updates/events of any matchs im watching on the TV that perhaps arent available to users in Ireland

Thats the attitude!

Lahinch Lass is right about the changing coverage too though. The online links make a difference. But I suppose if you can't be at the computer, it is nice to go back and look/read a blow-by-blow[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]account of the game from similar red-tinted viewpoints or even from the odd blue/neutral fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X