Connacht Match on NYE sold out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connacht Match on NYE sold out

@@@@SPAN ="story">saw the below article on rugby.ie, went to ticketmaster and there are no tickets left on there either.

The Connacht Branch offices have sold out their allocation
    of tickets for New Years Eve Magners League clash with Munster (KO 4pm), but a
    limited number are still available from www.ticketmaster.ie.

After a
    hectic frenzy of sales this morning at the Sportsground, tickets sold out early
    this morning.

Tickets from ticketmaster can be collected on New Years
    Eve from the ticketmaster stand outside the Sportsground.

Tickets are
    still available for Connacht's game against Bath Rugby on January 12. They can
    be bought from ticketmaster.ie and will be on sale at the Sportsground on New
    Years Eve, next to the Rugbytech stand.@@@@/SPAN>
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

What is the capacity of the sportsgrounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy

65,000 all seater

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy

65,000 all seater

Sure why are we building Lansdown road so?????

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy

65,000 all seater

Classic EP [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

It is a horrible place to watch rugby. If Connacht are to ever develop it cant/wont be at the SG

Comment

My tickets still havent arrived and I'm heading south Saturday, damn an post.

As to Connacht in the sports ground I completely agree with judy(????????) the sooner they
              move to Athlone and take those fans from throughout the country who
              arent represented by the big three the better.

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

6k or so, I think.
                Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                Munster: Early Season
                Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathal
                  6k or so, I think.

Not a chance, there was just over 3,500 at the Leinster match and im
                  sure health and safety would have shut the place down had they seen it

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor
                    My tickets still havent arrived and I'm heading south Saturday, damn an post.

As to Connacht in the sports ground I completely agree with judy(????????) the sooner they
                    move to Athlone and take those fans from throughout the country who
                    arent represented by the big three the better.

Dont know about that. While Athlone has the ground I would think that
                    Galway has a lot more potential. The SG is in a fantastic location but
                    it just doesnt work with a f**king dog track around it. Probably doesnt
                    have enough seats either.

Comment

It's 6.5-7k with temporary stands at either end...

4,000 is the nominal capacity.

Comment

I think there would be a pretty big appetite in Athlone for provincial rugby. It is a risk moving itaway frommain population centre, although at least its easier to get from Galway to Dubarry Park than it is to get from Dublin to the Sportsground.

Comment

Originally posted by Snamh
                          I think there would be a pretty big appetite in Athlone for provincial rugby. It is a risk moving itaway frommain population centre, although at least its easier to get from Galway to Dubarry Park than it is to get from Dublin to the Sportsground.

It won't happen, and the only people pushing for it aren't even Connacht supporters tbh...

I mean it's not like the citizens of Athlone or Ballinasloe and surroundshave been up in arms to get the rugby moved there is it?. Sure Bucc's have pushed for it (but even then not really making a big play for it, and you'd sort of expect that because they'd coin it in if all the games were held there you'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea_point

Originally posted by Snamh

It won't happen, and the only people pushing for it aren't even Connacht supporters tbh...

They probably know that Athlone isn't in Connacht

Comment

Seapoint would it be possible to put a temporary stand directly on top of the dog track on the far side to the main viewing stand? Its in a great spot in the middle of town if there was demand for big gamesits close to the train station, pubs, hotels etc.but the dog track ruins it.

Also, who owns the venue?

Comment

Working...
                              X