X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial law on tackle height for 18/19 season in England

New law being trialed with player safety in mind
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Details announced by the RFU see the definition of a high tackle lowered from above the line of the shoulders to above the armpit line.

Being trialled in the Championship Cup, which replaces the B&I Cup. Greene King Championship sides taking part.

Comment

Not sure this trial is that necessary
      also does it need a new thread. surely just the laws thread would do for this topic?

Comment

I think it's a good move. Should reduce the number of "riding up" tackles that are basically headbutts.

It will be interesting to see the effect it has on tackling technique. Tacklers will have to pick their spot.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I'm glad to see it, but I wonder how it'll be policed when someone ducks into a tackle.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
          X