Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has rugby union become too complicated a game for its own good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has rugby union become too complicated a game for its own good?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...h-amateur-game

So BT Sport wants rule changes... Guardian hacks earn their corn
    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
      So BT Sport wants rule changes... Guardian hacks earn their corn
      I don't think you can go down the line of BT bad... etc etc
      He has a point in that some referees may be a sticker for the law and penalise all that they see infringing the law. That is ****e and whoever referees like that doesn't have a great appreciation of what players/coaches etc want but how do you change that?

Is the game too complicated? No. It can seem that way but it really isn't

Comment

It is getting harder for one guy to ref on his own as the cameras at the televised games constantly highlight the ref errors.

Comment

No

That is all
          \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

Originally posted by leftwinger View Post
            It is getting harder for one guy to ref on his own as the cameras at the televised games constantly highlight the ref errors.
            Ur seem a bit behind the times there are 2 Assistant refs and a TMO to help both correct bad and confirm the right decisions. There is also the TMO who uses those same cameras to reverse decisions! After alot of teething the system is working pretty well now but for the odd anomaly!

On the topic overall i mean its a pretty simplistic game! easy to pick up most rules after a game or two! Too complicated for its own good is also a bit of a misnomer... many people prefer a game with more elaborate structures and gameplay.. they cant all be as primitive as a game of checkers
            Last edited by Bash; 28th-January-2016, 21:36.
            "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Originally posted by leftwinger View Post
              I don't think it is. As Bash says a referee works with his fellow officials, you work in team of 3 and then have video ref to check things. But the team of 3 are always communicating and as all 3 will see things from completely different angles it helps reduce errors.
              I don't think its getting harder to ref.

Comment

Complicated?

What's complicated? You spin the Wheel of Mayhem to go up the Ladder of Chance; you go past the Mud Hut; through the Rainbow Ring to get to the Golden Monkey; you yank his tail, and BOOM you're in paradise pond!

The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                  Complicated?

What's complicated? You spin the Wheel of Mayhem to go up the Ladder of Chance; you go past the Mud Hut; through the Rainbow Ring to get to the Golden Monkey; you yank his tail, and BOOM you're in paradise pond!

You've been bamboozled!

Comment

Working...
                  X