Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, I didn't realise you were getting all hysterical. I will leave you to it mate
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
      After this weekends action I wonder might World Rugby look at addressing tackle. Maybe a stronger stance on the no arm tackle or possibly looking at tackling below the shouler/arm pit.
      World Rugby have already addressed the tackle. This is what all referees were instructed before the start of the season
      https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...c1NmUxMTk1NjYz

Originally posted by redherring View Post
      That's the high tackle they're addressing. Players are still tackling with no attempt to wrap the arm. I also think if they lower the height you can tackle at it might put head collisions at less of a risk.
      Tackling with no attempt to grasp has been directed to all officials from the start of the season

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
        World Rugby have already addressed the tackle. This is what all referees were instructed before the start of the season
        https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...c1NmUxMTk1NjYz

Tackling with no attempt to grasp has been directed to all officials from the start of the season
        Yes I know this but what I was saying was are we potentially looking at no tackling above a lower height than now ie above the chest or waist.
        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

New ban durations, a valuable document when the inevitable happens

http://www.worldrugby.org/news/206986

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 14.53.51.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	2488525

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 14.53.59.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	2488526

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 14.54.04.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	2488527
          I am the million man.

Comment

Ben Kay and Ugo Monye expose the glaring flaws in the new tackle Laws

http://www.rugbyonslaught.com/2017/0...e-glaring.html

Comment

Also ACCIDENTALY making contact with an MO is an offence? Its a friggin accident. How about a charge for a substandard official?

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
                Also ACCIDENTALY making contact with an MO is an offence? Its a friggin accident. How about a charge for a substandard official?
                Why are you assuming the official is substandard?
                The players intentions and actions play a role here.

Comment

Why are you assuming the official is substandard?
                  The players intentions and actions play a role here.
                  I am wondering why there is no punishment for a poor official.

Comment

Perhaps he meant a substandard performance or decision from an official. It happens.

EDIT: and, I imagine, it gets punished (the Performance, not necessarily the decision)

Comment

I am wondering why there is no punishment for a poor official.
                      Officials move up and down levels all the time. A "punishment" could be moving down several levels for a referees next game.
                      What exactly would you see being suitable as a punishment btw?

Comment

Officials move up and down levels all the time. A "punishment" could be moving down several levels for a referees next game.
                        What exactly would you see being suitable as a punishment btw?
                        Hmmm maybe have to sit out a few games

Comment

Hmmm maybe have to sit out a few games
                          How does that benefit the official though? How else do they learn if not on the pitch?

Comment

How does that benefit the official though? How else do they learn if not on the pitch?
                            Ok so sit out a few games AND review their own and other games from a reffing pov.

Comment

Ok so sit out a few games AND review their own and other games from a reffing pov.
                              Referees at pro level will be reviewing their own game all the time and will have the clips/video to do so. Having a ref sit out a game doesn't aid anyone particularly the ref in question

Comment

Referees at pro level will be reviewing their own game all the time and will have the clips/video to do so. Having a ref sit out a game doesn't aid anyone particularly the ref in question
                                So essentially a ref can f up and keep fing up. See some French refs...

Comment

Working...
                                X