Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonsense, it's the ref that pushes things out to the gimp in the van. Refs are afraid to make decisions. The scrumbollox is destroying the game.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
      Nonsense, it's the ref that pushes things out to the gimp in the van. Refs are afraid to make decisions. The scrumbollox is destroying the game.
      Gimp in the van seems to be interjecting more than ever before. Said gimp presses button to say foul play etc? Said gimp also has his spake on some try decisions before being called upon?
      I am the million man.

Comment

I don't agree that this is the main cause of frustration. The interminable sets and re-rests and teams milking it all because the ref hasn't a ****ing rashers. There's too much opportunity for foul play that won't be punished during the game to leave the gimp in the van just looking at tries.

Nigel was banging on about TMOs being used too much during the week but Nigel is one of the worst offenders for 'letting the game flow'.
        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
          All reasonable upgrades. Only question is if for some reason there aren't enough front rows available how do you have a contested scrum?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
          You don't. Think the idea is that even if it is uncontested, you still must put 8 into it regardless. Will be down to 14, so a man less to cover the pitch etc...

Will stop teams like Edinburgh in Munster earlier in season claiming injuries to props etc - bigger penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
            All reasonable upgrades. Only question is if for some reason there aren't enough front rows available how do you have a contested scrum?
            If you don't have enough qualified and suitably experienced front rows you drop to 14 and scrums are uncontested but it will be 8 v 8

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            Take the tmo away from outside the try yes/no question.

They're getting their 15 mins in the limelight and devaluing the referees influence and respekt.
            Taking TMO away means more incorrect decisions are likely to be made and while ideally you should see less of TMO better to have them than not

Comment

After this weekends action I wonder might World Rugby look at addressing tackle. Maybe a stronger stance on the no arm tackle or possibly looking at tackling below the shouler/arm pit.
              He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
                After this weekends action I wonder might World Rugby look at addressing tackle. Maybe a stronger stance on the no arm tackle or possibly looking at tackling below the shouler/arm pit.
                They already did, just before the Autumn Series in fact
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                  They already did, just before the Autumn Series in fact
                  That's the high tackle they're addressing. Players are still tackling with no attempt to wrap the arm. I also think if they lower the height you can tackle at it might put head collisions at less of a risk.
                  He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

That's the high tackle they're addressing. Players are still tackling with no attempt to wrap the arm. I also think if they lower the height you can tackle at it might put head collisions at less of a risk.
                    We could make it like indoor five a side where the ball is not allowed be kicked over a certain height. Completely unpoliceable mind and won't change the fact the current rules were in place to deal with Cane et al last week, just this ref chose to ignore them
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

We could make it like indoor five a side where the ball is not allowed be kicked over a certain height. Completely unpoliceable mind and won't change the fact the current rules were in place to deal with Cane et al last week, just this ref chose to ignore them
                      It's a suggestion that is something that could be looked at when considering law changes. I think a tackle below the arm pit is a possibility. That way it is also much easier for the tackler to wrap the arms.

Comment

You aren't suggesting anything new, it is being looked at (I am sure you read the articles) and if you continue down this road there will be all sorts of unwanted repercussions imo, endless penalties and video replays slowing the game down for example. Also the possible return of the chop tackle. As an alternative maybe we could just get the refs to enforce the current rules
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

You aren't suggesting anything new, it is being looked at (I am sure you read the articles) and if you continue down this road there will be all sorts of unwanted repercussions imo, endless penalties and video replays slowing the game down for example. Also the possible return of the chop tackle. As an alternative maybe we could just get the refs to enforce the current rules
                          We wont know until they try. As long as players are going to tackle at chest/shoulder height concussions will continue to rise. I'm not thinking about the sport today I'm thinking 15 years down the line because more and more parents will not want their kids playing rugby when they see incidents like Henshaw's on Saturday.

Comment

We wont know until they try. As long as players are going to tackle at chest/shoulder height concussions will continue to rise. I'm not thinking about the sport today I'm thinking 15 years down the line because more and more parents will not want their kids playing rugby when they see incidents like Henshaw's on Saturday.
                            Those parents need to get a life, rugby is a contact game, not tiddlywinks. Kids will always be bouncing off each other, that type of structured play is good for them even if they get the odd broken nose here or there
                            Is stare into a phone

Comment

You actually remind me of a lady I worked with previously. She did loads of horse riding, show jumping and cross country, played hockey too. Told me rugby was too rough, when I pointed out she had broken numerous bones including both collarbones falling off horses she went very quiet. Instead of pretending it was dangerous she could just have said I don't like it
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Are you honestly suggesting Robbie Henshaws parents would need to get a life if they were not concerned for their son's well being in the future because of repeated head injuries!? Tell that to the woman who's son played a schools match in Dublin and was dead a week later from a head injury. A broken nose is not the same as forgetting where you live because you have had so many head traumas like Shontayne Hape. I've broken my nose twice playing sport (rugby and GAA) and had 4 concussions. They were very different issues. No parent wants to have to talk to their son/daughter on the phone to explain to him/her where they are and why they are there.

Comment

Working...
                                X