Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laws Question. Ask here! 2016 Laws changes Post #113

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Laws Question. Ask here! 2016 Laws changes Post #113

    Thought we could have a specific thread for questions/querys on laws?

    Regularly there is questions in match threads etc and they may not be answered due to nature of the thread but one place for all discussion on laws would be good to aid any player, fan etc
    Last edited by ormond lad; 5th-January-2016, 21:54.

    #2
    http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union...ix-point-tries

    Six point tries and two point penalties could be trialled. A couple of other bits as well.

    Comment


      #3
      Wouldn't increasing the gap between tries and penalties result in teams just being happy to give away more penalties? I suppose that's what the trial is about.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Taran View Post
        Wouldn't increasing the gap between tries and penalties result in teams just being happy to give away more penalties? I suppose that's what the trial is about.
        I agree a 100% madness to increase the difference between a penalty and a try.

        Increase the points for a try to 6, leave the penalty kick or drop goal at 3.

        Comment


          #5
          8 players for the scrum is a good idea would be great if they could do something about the concussion , a huge problem at all levels

          Comment


            #6
            some intersting debate on the POC penalty from the wales match on tipuric..

            Cleanouts around the neck must be penalised. Match officials should work together to ensure that foul play is strictly penalised and that player welfare is paramount


            http://www.the42.ie/paul-oconnell-pe...01452-Aug2015/
            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

            Comment


              #7
              ROG is asking this question on Twitter:

              Rule clarification ??
              Starting goal kicker in the concussion bin, his replacement is not allowed attempt a shot at goal..
              Is this correct?
              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                ROG is asking this question on Twitter:

                Rule clarification ??
                Starting goal kicker in the concussion bin, his replacement is not allowed attempt a shot at goal..
                Is this correct?
                Hold on, you have to designate goal kickers?

                Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                  Hold on, you have to designate goal kickers?
                  No, what he's getting at is that a player in concussion bin,similar to blood bin,is only a temp replacement with the intent being that he will be going back off once bin time is done. As such, the temp replacement cannot goal kick until such time as he is designated as full replacement.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    These days it's not the laws that are important but the interpretation of individual referees, and the instructions they've received!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                      ROG is asking this question on Twitter:

                      Rule clarification ??
                      Starting goal kicker in the concussion bin, his replacement is not allowed attempt a shot at goal..
                      Is this correct?
                      Happened us last season I think it was v Connacht

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Keyop View Post
                        No, what he's getting at is that a player in concussion bin,similar to blood bin,is only a temp replacement with the intent being that he will be going back off once bin time is done. As such, the temp replacement cannot goal kick until such time as he is designated as full replacement.
                        ...............although the temp replacement can score a try or a drop goal. But can s/he take a kick-off or a 22 metre drop-out?
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                          ...............although the temp replacement can score a try or a drop goal. But can s/he take a kick-off or a 22 metre drop-out?
                          [emoji11]

                          Comment


                            #14
                            http://laws.worldrugby.org/?highligh...orary&law=3.11

                            (b)

                            If the temporary replacement takes place within the ten minutes before half-time, the replacement shall become permanent unless the replaced player returns to the field of play immediately at the start of the second-half.



                            (c)

                            Unless the temporary replacement becomes permanent, the temporary replacement is prohibited from taking penalty kicks at goal or conversion kicks.






                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
                              http://laws.worldrugby.org/?highligh...orary&law=3.11

                              (b)

                              If the temporary replacement takes place within the ten minutes before half-time, the replacement shall become permanent unless the replaced player returns to the field of play immediately at the start of the second-half.



                              (c)

                              Unless the temporary replacement becomes permanent, the temporary replacement is prohibited from taking penalty kicks at goal or conversion kicks.






                              Check out the clarification on uncontested scrums

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X