Rugby for Dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SecondRowGal View Post
    Good man LM but I would add one small expansion to your "pass the ball to a team mate behind you" and say "run FORWARD and pass the ball to a teammate behind you"!

Too much fecking crabbing across the pitch and it needs to be stamped out a the start IMO.
    Ah jesus that's doing two things at the same time!! :_noway__by_bad_bloo....

but seriously, good point, thanks! :smile2:

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
      After all these years it's nice to know I haven't lost it - the workout today was down at the beach and to start us off, the coach threw a Frisbee so that the first person to get their hands on it each time got to pick an exercise for everyone else to do five reps. On the very first go, myself & another lad were going for it on the ground - he is taller and wider than me, but as we both dived for it I still managed to shoulder charge him out of the way! :D
      Have you played Ultimate Frisbee?

Comment

Hi, if you'd like to try and play Midleton RFC have started a ladies team and are training all summer as most of the players have not played before. More info and contact details here: http://midletonrugby.com/adult-rugby/ladies/
        If you want my info to do the whole "EC Squared told me" private message me and I'll give you my details. Theres no commitment, some people have tried it and not liked it and plenty others love it and are training every week, totally up to yourself.
        \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

Don't kick the ball when on the attack unless your a competent kicker and it's on. Don't continuously run out of defence if your kicker is available.
          We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
          Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Quick questions that have me annoyed intrigued ? Any referees out there

1 . Why do referees alert players that the ball has been carried back into the 22 ? Surely it only aids the defensive team who are under pressure to clear their lines and this advises the kicker not to kick to touch .
            2 : also hands off calls , leave it calls or when a player is in front of the ball when his 10 for instance kicks , his team mate no 8 in front runs on the collect and ref shouts 8 stop 8 stop , I know why ie he would be offside but is the ref again aiding the kickers team ?
            What are the rules around this or is it just to aid continuity of the game ?
            Still there's a light I hold before me
            You're the measure of my dreams
            The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
              Quick questions that have me annoyed intrigued ? Any referees out there

1 . Why do referees alert players that the ball has been carried back into the 22 ? Surely it only aids the defensive team who are under pressure to clear their lines and this advises the kicker not to kick to touch .
              2 : also hands off calls , leave it calls or when a player is in front of the ball when his 10 for instance kicks , his team mate no 8 in front runs on the collect and ref shouts 8 stop 8 stop , I know why ie he would be offside but is the ref again aiding the kickers team ?
              What are the rules around this or is it just to aid continuity of the game ?
              You are correct. It is done to aid continuity of the game. Having said that, the ref not telling you doesn't mean you are okay to keep going if you know what I mean.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/The-Coarse-Rug.../dp/1861050011

The Art of Course Rugby..contains all you really need to know.

Comment

Working...
                X