Proposed new rules to be tried out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

I was sure I wouldn't have to explain the difference between a penalty and a conversion to you but here goes, and i will keep the words small.

PENALTY:
    When a penalty is awarded the attacking team has a choice between a kick at the posts, a scrum, to run the ball, or to kick for the line where the line out will be awarded to the attacking team once they kick directly to touch. Depending on the circumstances of the game the team may choose different options as is their want.

CONVERSION:
    When a try is scored under the posts the attacking team has no choice but to kick the conversion* and the result of that is either they convert the conversion - (which always happens) or they miss the conversion (which never happens)

Im sure I can get you a link to a video if you need a move visual explanation?
    Two points:
    Firstly you are wrong here. * The team awarded the Try may, if it wishes, waive it's right to the Conversion.

Secondly if you had read all of Post 27 above, you would have seen that I specifically referenced the case where "Farrell points to the posts"

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Two points:
      Firstly you are wrong here. * The team awarded the Try may, if it wishes, waive it's right to the Conversion.

Secondly if you had read all of Post 27 above, you would have seen that I specifically referenced the case where "Farrell points to the posts"

Apology accepted.

Comment

Working...
      X