Wayne Barnes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post

Refs regularly are demoted be they refs from AIL level to junior or pro to lower levels... or refs from J2 to J1....
    and are these demotions announced ?

And Barnes could have given red but yellow was still correct.. Same as many other refs in all other games.
    Barnes could have given red, he could have given yellow, he could have given nowt, he could have danced the hokey kokey in both in-goal areas, he could have taken out a gun and shot the offending player, as far as you're concerned and he still would have been right.

Am I correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
      and are these demotions announced?
      For amatuer refs no. Pro refs different. No?

Barnes could have given red, he could have given yellow, he could have given nowt, he could have danced the hokey kokey in both in-goal areas, he could have taken out a gun and shot the offending player, as far as you're concerned and he still would have been right.
      Am I correct?
      Why so childish? no point bothering with this if you're going to act like this.

Comment

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

For amatuer refs no. Pro refs different. No?
          So, for the fourth time, are you aware of any Ref being demoted and that demotion being announced publically

Why so childish? no point bothering with this if you're going to act like this.

Listen here, mush, you're not on the field with a whistle now! You're going to have to put up with dissent here without the option of marching me back ten yards.

If you continue with your ridiculous backing up of your fellow refs no matter what they do, I'm entitled to post ridiculous stuff as well.

Comment

@ mr. chips

Looks like Blind Dave
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

So, for the fourth time, are you aware of any Ref being demoted and that demotion being announced publically
              Marius van der Westhuizen SA ref dropped off international list(he was ref who attended an english training session in lead up to game where he was involved in a test england played in. That was announced publically.

Comment

Thank you. Was the dropping because of attending the training session?

If so, can you tell me of a ref that was dropped because of a bad performance on the pitch?

Comment

I'd imagine more have been dropped for sending players off in high profile games than for not applying the correct sanctions.
                  Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

Refereeing in rugby is increasingly difficult- and it was never easy- despite the exemplary player respect for decisions. We know that teams/management comment after games on how things have been officiated. It would be good for rugby to have some indication from unions that errors really did result in sanctions. I’m not advocating a witch hunt, but it would be good for our game (and maybe lead others) to show that evidence of poor performance by officiating teams was at least noted- if not acted upon.

Comment

They regularly announce the dropping of Refs in the English Football Leagues.

Comment

They regularly announce the dropping of Refs in the English Football Leagues.
                        Yes- they drop them or make them referee in lower leagues for a while. A very long time ago now I remember my dad, who was a soccer referee, used to look with interest at a Sunday newspaper which rated the then Div 1 players AND referees in the Saturday fixtures. Would be interesting if a serious rugby outlet that carry stats did so for pro14, top14, premiership and 6N officials (inc TMO). I think it’s really the unions job, but maybe a sensible exposition of the errors made might encourage them to be more public as to how they seek to improve/maintain standards.

Comment

There is a formal system within the IRFU whereby Refs are assessed and receive feedback on their performances.

I remember a few years ago attending Musgrave Park where Joy Neville was in charge. I posted here that she had a good game, in my opinion, but let a number of crooked Line-out throws go without sanction.

Two or three weeks or so later I was in Templehill where she was in charge again and she pinged a number of such throws.

I mentioned this to a work colleague, a Ref, who said that it had probably been mentioned by her assessor after the first match.

Ormond Lad posted above that, at Amateur level, Refs do get dropped for poor performances but these droppings are not announced.

Comment

Thank you. Was the dropping because of attending the training session?

If so, can you tell me of a ref that was dropped because of a bad performance on the pitch?
                            Barnes and Blind Dave were both dropped from the international panel for a period of time after the Bradley Davies spear tackle on Donnacha Ryan in 2012, iirc. Blind Dave was never on the referee panel of another international game.

Comment

Everyone needs to be given the opportunity to correct their mistakes, reffing a game at that speed and intensity when so much happens at one time is a highly difficult task. The example above of Joy Neville is a good one.

I have refereed hundreds of contests in a different sport at amateur level, made mistakes that I had to apologise for at the time and some that I only noticed when I watched back videos.

The problem I have with Barnes is that he doesn’t appear to have learned from his mistakes when it comes to foul
                              play, he regularly is to lenient on foul play.

Comment

Working...
                              X