No announcement yet.

The GAA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But we'll have a cool stadium!! Mind you it'll be full once every 4/5 years but that's by-the-by.
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Sounds depressingly familiar.
      Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

So, how many players will be left on the pitch by the time this Kerry v Donegal match finishes? One red for each team and two black cards for Kerry in the first 25 mins. A few others lucky to be still on the pitch too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
          So, how many players will be left on the pitch by the time this Kerry v Donegal match finishes? One red for each team and two black cards for Kerry in the first 25 mins. A few others lucky to be still on the pitch too.
          Seems like that game was a 70 minute version of MMA, both teams equally culpable.
          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

A dirty match but no excuses for mcgee trying to break a player's finger
            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Just saw that long range effort for the Waterford winner the weekend. What a point that was, cracking stuff
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Jackie Cahill's still doing the sports reporting despite getting elected.
                In fairness there's nothing boring about the current crop of TDs from Tipperary

Comment

Are you having a laugh. 🙈🙈 A really decent effort from Cork and then the keeper hands Kilkenny the win, literally hands them the win. 😡😡 Really good call dropping Nash.
                  Last edited by Stringer9; 12th-March-2016, 19:47.
                  The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                    Are you having a laugh.  A really decent effort from Cork and then the keeper hands Kilkenny the win, literally hands them the win.  Really good call dropping Nash.
                    The Kilkenny lads were in great form in the River Lee Hotel last night. Great craic altogether! I even had a go at the Rose of Mooncoin, but was drowned out by some loopers singing about the Boils of Fare Hill.
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Not going to lie, I was near a demonic state leaving yesterday. Ridiculous way to throw away a match we should have won.
                      The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Today's draw in Galway means Cork are going down. (unless there's a play-off)

Offaly beat Wexford. Whohoo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                          Today's draw in Galway means Cork are going down. (unless there's a play-off)

Offaly beat Wexford. Whohoo!!
                          Roscrea might yet add value to the tally.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Half time in the All-Ireland Club hurling final:

Na Piarsaigh 2-12, Cushendall 0-6

Hopefully a first win for a Limerick club on the way ....
                            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Half-time at All-Ireland Hurling Club Final. One-way traffic. Na Piarsaigh 2-12. Cushendall 0-6.
                              The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                                Half time in the All-Ireland Club hurling final:

Na Piarsaigh 2-12, Cushendall 0-6

Hopefully a first win for a Limerick club on the way ....
                                All over. Na Piarsaigh are All-Ireland Club Champions, by 2-25 to 2-14.

Great day. Delighted for them. Mind you I did more chasing girls there in the 1970s discos than doing any football training.
                                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X