X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ustix
    Dubs knocked seven shades out of Tyrone, end of the
    road
    for many's a legend of Tyrone football...
    Had Tyrone to win it. Great performance by dubs and could have had
    a few more goals
    When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Benji
      Dubs knocked seven shades
      out of Tyrone, end of the
      road
      Had Tyrone to win it. Great performance by dubs and could
      have had
      a few more goals
      great perforance. Great atmosphere. thoroughly enjoyed the
      evening.
      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Fair play to Dublin but was that their performance of the Championship? Me thinks Kerry are happy tonight with that thought.

Comment

Donegal will take the Dubs, yesterday was one of those days when every ball the Dubs kicked floated over the bar no matter from what angle, you dont get 2 of those games in a row. The pressure will no be on Dublin big time, can they handle it? The one thing they have going for them is Pat Gilroy seems to be a very down to earth fella who wont get carried away himself. Tyrone have been very poor all year long, their forwards are too small physically, their midfield not mobile enough and their backs far far too loose.
          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Benji
            Dubs knocked seven shades
            out of Tyrone, end of the
            road
            Had Tyrone to win it. Great performance by dubs and could
            have had
            a few more goals
            Same as Benji, at least things aren't as predictable as they
            recently were in the world of football. Gwan Donegal!
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson
              Donegal will take the Dubs,
              yesterday was one of those days when every ball the Dubs
              kicked floated over the bar no matter from what angle, you
              dont get 2 of those games in a row. The pressure will no be on
              Dublin big time, can they handle it? The one thing they have
              going for them is Pat Gilroy seems to be a very down to earth
              fella who wont get carried away himself. Tyrone have been
              very poor all year long, their forwards are too small
              physically, their midfield not mobile enough and their backs
              far far too loose.
              not a hope in my view. Dublin will take donegal
              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Poor old Deise today - fair play to the Cats they deserved it but no disgrace for Waterford to match them in the second half
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw
                  Donegal will take the Dubs,
                  yesterday was one of those days when every ball the Dubs
                  kicked floated over the bar no matter from what angle, you
                  dont get 2 of those games in a row. The pressure will no be on
                  Dublin big time, can they handle it? The one thing they have
                  going for them is Pat Gilroy seems to be a very down to earth
                  fella who wont get carried away himself. Tyrone have been
                  very poor all year long, their forwards are too small
                  physically, their midfield not mobile enough and their backs
                  far far too loose.
                  not a hope in my view. Dublin will take donegal

It's impossible to call games anymore. Too much is coming down to on day tactics and slight differences in hunger and intensity between sides. I'm actually going to throw down a few bob on a Mayo-Donegal final as i can see the odds being brilliant for it.

If it ends up a Kerry-Dublin final, i can't help but think that O'Conners shrewdness will catch Dublin and paper over Kerry's cracks in midfield and defense. The hype around Dublin(espeically if Kerryonly scrape past Mayo) will be unbearable for the Dublin players in comparison to how the Kerrylads will be just going through the motions.

Personally i'm a bit more put out than mostby the defensive patterns that have taken over football, because taken over they have. Expect an absoloutly terrible game between Dublin and Donegal, even if it may be exciting. Expect it to be made a seriousissue of if Kerry get caught by it. Banning three men tackles would go some way to counteract it(aswell as actually implementing that rules on tackling) but at the moment average teams like Donegal are getting away with murder.

Now that nearly every other county has copied their style, many of those Tyrone footballers are shown up for what they are, and that's fairly average at best. I would read nothing into their minor successes. They had minor teams training like pros, but never followed it up with U21 wins because they hadn't that advantage anymore. U21 is the true guide to future senior success.

It has to be said, hurling is as boring as it has been in years and games like yesterday are why. At least when Kilkenny/Tipp are hammering other teams there is a sense of awesomeness about it, but that was just mundane. Waterford have been in pretty much the exact same position for the last decade - munster finals and AI semis. At least Galway might have threatened something yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by tickettout
                    Originally posted by busbi

Originally posted by The Outlaw
                    Donegal will take the Dubs, yesterday was one of
                    those days when every ball the Dubs kicked floated over the bar no matter from what angle, you dont
                    get 2 of those games in a row. The pressure will no be on Dublin big time, can they handle it? The one
                    thing they have going for them is Pat Gilroy seems to be a very down to earth fella who wont get
                    carried away himself. Tyrone have been very poor all year long, their forwards are too small
                    physically, their midfield not mobile enough and their backs far far too loose.
                    not a hope in
                    my view. Dublin will take donegal

It's impossible to call games anymore. Too much is coming down to on day tactics and slight
                    differences in hunger and intensity between sides. I'm actually going to throw down a few bob on a
                    Mayo-Donegal final as i can see the odds being brilliant for it.

If it ends up a Kerry-Dublin final, i can't help but think that O'Conners shrewdness will catch Dublin
                    and paper over Kerry's cracks in midfield and defense. The hype around Dublin*(espeically if
                    Kerry*only scrape past Mayo) will be unbearable for the Dublin players in comparison to how the
                    Kerry*lads will be just going through the motions.*

Personally i'm a bit more put out than most*by the defensive patterns that have taken over
                    football, because taken over they have. Expect an absoloutly terrible game between Dublin and
                    Donegal, even if it may be exciting. Expect it to be made a serious*issue of if Kerry get caught by it.
                    Banning three men tackles would go some way to counteract it*(aswell as actually implementing that
                    rules on tackling) but at the moment average teams like Donegal are getting away with murder.

Now that nearly every other county has copied their style, many of those Tyrone footballers are
                    shown up for what they are, and that's fairly average at best. I would read nothing into their minor
                    successes. They had minor teams training like pros, but never followed it up with U21 wins because
                    they hadn't that advantage anymore. U21 is the true guide to future senior success.

It has to be said, hurling is as boring as it has been in years and games like yesterday are why. At
                    least when Kilkenny/Tipp are hammering other teams there is a sense of awesomeness about it, but
                    that was just mundane. Waterford have been in pretty much the exact same position for the last
                    decade - munster finals and AI semis. At least Galway might have threatened something
                    yesterday.

Tyrone have won numerous Ulster titles and 3 All Irelands - Average at Best?[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Where did i say they were an average at best team? They were a great team. And Canavan,
                    Cavanagh, Dooher, Jordan, Gormley, Brian McGuigan, Stephen O'Neill were all either fine players or
                    class acts. But after that there were a more than very average players on the team, but a good plan
                    and psychotic work rate (that they only ever came close to implementing the years they won it)
                    combined to make them a great team.

Comment

Look on the bright side, Buzzer. There's three RWC games on
                      Sunday 18th Sept - so you can watch one live, record the
                      other two and give the knackerball final a complete miss.It's
                      a complete no-brainer!

The Wales V Samoa game could be a cracker (and it's on at
                      04.30 our time - so you can record it for later!) - and the
                      Lelos are going to beat England!
                      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

u21 semi final v Galway fixed for Thurles20th August @6pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock
                          u21 semi final v Galway fixed for Thurles20th August @6pm.

Clashes with the France game in Lansdowne.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog
                            other two and give the knackerball final a complete miss.It's
                            a complete no-brainer!

Have the nuptials on the 17th, and I think it may be the aim of some to see the Wales v Samoa game on the 18th ! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

... the knackerball...
                              Come on! Soccer is knackerball.

Comment

other two and give the <S&#079;NG>knackerball final</S&#079;NG> a complete miss.It's
                                a complete no-brainer!

Disgraceful comment again by Old Dog , a lot of what is wrong with society today tut tut
                                James Lovelock - "Enjoy life while you can. Because if you're lucky it's going to be 20 years before it hits the fan."

Comment

Working...
                                X