No announcement yet.

The GAA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 Week ban for the Wexford goalkeeper or write a letter to CCCC.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

I dont know what his club situation is (or if the ban would even apply to club games), I think he plays midfield, but if they are not still in the championship then if I was him I'd tell them to f*ck off and take the ban for 8 weeks. I reheard what he said this morning and he didnt say a word wrong, he didnt even really criticise the ref directly, it was more directed at the situation. Hes an amatuer player, hes entitled to an opinion on the officiating.
      \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

EC, I did hear Masterson's comments and they wouldn't
        exactly flatter the goalie.

It's up to himself to recant or not; if he doesn't it says more
        about him than the situation he was speaking about. I agree
        that refs (& umpires) do get decisions wrong at times and I'm
        pretty sure they know that too.
        In general there is little or no respect for gaa officials and that
        is a sorry situation. And until the gaa gets much tougher on
        those criticising (& worse) refs that sorry situation will
        continue.

Comment

I think a lot of the criticism of refs stem from the monstrous decisions they are getting continually wrong. Kildare twice now in a row have exited the championship due to blatant incorrect squareball calls, atthe start ofthis year's championshipMeath had the outcome of 2 of their previous 3 games changed by blatant incorrect squareball calls. Wexford exited the championship due to an incorrect referree call. It is thought that up to 10 championship games will have been unduly influenced by blatant referreeing decisions, something really needs to be done about it and all this talk of Hawkeye is pure nonsense. It will only judge on balls crossing lines and cannot be used for fouls of ball or player and it may only be used in Croke Park due to costs. A simple TMO scenario is what is urgently needed.
          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Not sure where to put this.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born
              I remember the year before last we were training before easter week and at the end
              we were discussing when we'd go out again and the general consensus was Good
              Friday. However one of the selectors said we couldn't, as it's against GAA rules to have
              any activity on Good Friday, and if we trained and somebody picked up a significant
              injury they wouldn't be covered by insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by ECSquared

I dont know what his club situation is (or if the ban would even
                apply to club games), I think he plays midfield, but if they are not still in the championship
                then if I was him I'd tell them to f*ck off and take the ban for 8 weeks. I reheard what he
                said this morning and he didnt say a word wrong, he didnt even really criticise the ref
                directly, it was more directed at the situation. Hes an amatuer player, hes entitled to an
                opinion on the officiating.
                He didn't really critisise the ref directly? He said he was the worlds world ref, how the hell
                is that no critising him directly?!

Masterson made an absoloute tit of himself in that few week. Two weeks before that game
                he made an absolute f**k up of a straightforward ball and cost Wexford the game against
                Dublin, and starts bawling crying after the game to top if off (manly stuff).

Two weeks later a ref simply gives an at worst 50/50 (i'd have said probable point) call
                against him and he goes on a two or three day campaign to any media outlet that would
                have him to try and destroy the referees reputation.

A sad individual.

Comment

I'm basing it off a repeat I heard of the interview he gave after the match, it sounded to me like he just stated the facts as they happened. The umpire who waved it wide (the same umpire who waved the Limerick free wide before being asked to change his mind - by the player who kicked it, and then promptly did!) argued his point, the one who said it was a point just walked away.

If the ref was sure it was a point why did he consult the umpires? If he wasnt sure why award a point at such a critical juncture?
                  \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

Munster U21 final

Cork 0-9, Limerick 1-4, 20 minutes. Quick goal for limerick at
                    the start, but Cork fairly well on top since. Aidan Walsh totally
                    dominating.

Comment

Cork 12 point to 1-7 up at half time, Aidan Walsh giving a masterclass, after getting 5 point and fielding some amount
                      of ball.

Comment

Come on Busbi. K3eep up. Lk 3-10 Cork 0-15[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Comment

Originally posted by Clubman
                          Come on Busbi. K3eep up. Lk 3-10 Cork
                          0-15[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                          Cork goal, 3-11 to 1-16. Fantastic game.

Best games i've seen the past few years are U21 matches.
                          And people want to get rid of and preserve that
                          Sigerson/Fitzgibbon garbage [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by busbi
                            Originally posted by Clubman
                            Come on Busbi. K3eep up. Lk 3-10 Cork

0-15[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Cork goal, 3-11 to 1-16. Fantastic game.

Best games i've seen the past few years are U21 matches.

And people want to get rid of and preserve that

Sigerson/Fitzgibbon garbage [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
                            Co-Scoir aris.

Comment

Was That Aidan Walsh got the equaliser? They could do with him on the senior team. Great game tho.

Comment

Draw game, going to extra time now.

Aidan Walsh leveled it at the end with on of the finest points
                                you're likely to see. What an epic performance from him.
                                Hurling, Football, or both, this lad will be one of the biggest
                                names in GAA over the next decade.

Cork full back line dodgy, if it wasn't for Cahelane they would
                                be up s**ts creek altogether. Conor "next big thing" Lehane
                                quiet and taken off, but could come back on now. Walsh likely
                                to tire you'd imagine having played an AI QF only 3 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X