No announcement yet.

The GAA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Dublin team, are unquestionably great... How can we compare them across other sports...
    Fitness, quality, genius, aggressiveness and maturity...
    Like munster 2000-2009...

Kerry are young though.. They learned a lot tonight...
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

They also learnt that if you are small and very fast you can take 10 steps without soloing.

Comment

Dubs were always going to win once they went to running the clock with 30 mins to play.
        Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Disappointed at scoreline and result both, as we were closer than 6 points. Greeeness of both mentors and players showed at crucial moments - the early tactic of diagonal balls into the square would have made perfect sense if Tommy Walsh started as well as Geaney. Delighted at the heart in our lads, who played themselves into being level after half time after a poor start. Said to my pal (in Nally End) if we can avoid doing something stupid early in second half, we can win this, and we had the surreal experience of seeing Murchan unhindered running in our direction, while keeper stood like a statue...............but we still fought back to 3, then 2. Stephen O'Briens poor option when clear was decisive - he could have sent a daisy cutter, fisted a point or passed in to team mate but chose to try to shoot through Cluxton.
          Two strange ref decisions - Morley was clear and closing in on goal when pulled down - red card in any sport - and at death, when ball was dropping down into the small square, before ball came down Geaney was knocked to the ground.
          Ah well, to 2020,,,,,Cork slowly coming good, with good young players added, and wins in both minor and U20. Nordies not really at the races after 20 great years, Mayo gone....Munster will be where it's at outside of The Pale.
          Intrigued with what Jacko can do in Kildare.
          But Dubs are still the team to beat - if Kerry can improve 5%, we're there.

Comment

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/c...ion-probe.html
            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Strange one and no gossip much here in Limerick city about exactly what is going on.

Comment

Just a quick note to observe the retirement through injury of one of the finest Kerry defenders of recent years, at age just 32, Killian Young, of Renard (where Valentia ferry leaves from). Three AI winners medals on the field and a fine player. Apparently chronic ankle injuries. Huge loss to our AI chances in 2019, along with the Peter Crowley cruciate injury.
                Next time we criticise a players slowness etc, maybe we all could recall that they may be playing 3/4 fit, oftern in discomfort, sometimes in pain.
                We done lad.

Comment

Jim Gavin has stepped down from the Dublin job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                    Was that expected? I thought the betting was on the opposite. That’s some act to follow, even if the setup and talent is unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Great news on two counts today .

Offaly beat Kildare in the Kehoe Cup.

The game was played in Birr, the home of Offaly Hurling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                        There's been dancing in the streets of Castlebar for 2 days non stop now. (They're always dancing in the streets of Wateville so could be many causes for that)

Comment

Working...
                        X