No announcement yet.

The GAA Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any hope Joaquin Kelly can reunite Offaly hurling Piquet?
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I can't see it, in my lifetime, ustix.

Until Offaly Hurling moves its matches to the Hurling Heartland of the County and out of Tullamore, it cannot hope to prosper.

And I'm not talking about the "Faithful Fields" development in Kilcormac, which is at the northern end of the Hurling area.

They need to follow the slogan below my Avatar.
      Last edited by Piquet; 22nd-May-2019, 08:58.

Comment

Waterford were presented with a High Ding in Walsh Park today 2-24 to 0-10 in the end.

Last edited by Piquet; 2nd-June-2019, 22:22. Reason: I credited Limerick with ten points fewer than they got.

Comment

Very, very poor performance by the Deise. Derek McGrath got out in time
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

A win for Tipp today qualifies them for the All Ireland Series.
            Last edited by Piquet; 2nd-June-2019, 16:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
              A win for Tipp today qualifies them for the All Ireland Series.
              The All Ireland champions are the only challenge to the big three for the foreseeable in my opinion
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Tipp 3 from 3, but both Cork and Limerick can do the same, considering Clare were somehow being talked up prior to Sunday. Ennis wasn't the test that all were saying it would be, Tipp/Limerick looks set to be a bit of a form decider for the AI.
                KK v Galway should see how the Leinster side of the equation is.

btw well done to Antrim, beating Offaly, shades of '89.
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post

btw well done to Antrim, beating Offaly, shades of '89.
                  No Sulla, in '89 we won the Minor, with Brian Whelahan as Captain. (Beating Clare, BTW) There was hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

No Sulla, in '89 we won the Minor, with Brian Whelahan as Captain. (Beating Clare, BTW) There was hope.
                    Was referring to the SHC SF, but then i think you know that.. both Counties now a long way from those heights

Comment

Was referring to the SHC SF, but then i think you know that.. both Counties now a long way from those heights
                      What I meant was the sorrow over losing to Antrim in '89 was tempered to a certain extent by the knowledge that there was a crop of Minors , (All Ireland winners in '86 and 87 as well as the '89 ones who went on to win that year as well) on the way up and good times were close to coming back.

There is no such hope, this year.

Comment

Team Played Won Drawn Lost Scores For Scores Against Score Difference Points
                        Tipperary 3 3 0 0 7-79 (100) 1-59 (62) +38 6
                        Limerick 2 1 0 1 3-43 (52) 1-36 (39) +13 2
                        Cork 2 1 0 1 2-50 (56) 3-47 (56) 0 2
                        Clare 2 1 0 1 1-37 (40) 3-43 (52) -12 2
                        Waterford 3 0 0 3 0-50 (50) 5-74 (89) -39 0
                        Still there's a light I hold before me
                        You're the measure of my dreams
                        The measure of my dreams.

Comment

big one next weekend is Limerick v Clare . limerick have +25 points on them so even if they win by a point goes to +26.
                          that will leave limerick on 4 points, they would have to lose to tipp and clare beat cork , allied to a +26 point spread to lose out to clare for 3rd place
                          Still there's a light I hold before me
                          You're the measure of my dreams
                          The measure of my dreams.

Comment

If Limerick beat Clare by a point, their PD advantage will go to 27, not 26. (Clare will go down one)

Comment

Looks like points diff don't matter, it's head to head that counts between who's 3rd or 4th, Clare win on Sunday and Limerick are gone

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gae...-38186051.html

Comment

Looks like points diff don't matter, it's head to head that counts between who's 3rd or 4th, Clare win on Sunday and Limerick are gone

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gae...-38186051.html
                                Assuming Cork beat Waterford (granted highly likely). If Cork lose they could conceivably end up with 2 pts (you even could have Limerick, Waterford and Cork on 2 pts in which case it would be scoring difference for the third spot)

Comment

Working...
                                X