Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
      Corks bigger than everything
      Where'd you read that?
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

In de Paper of course.

Comment

The state of Offaly county hurling is upsetting to see. While Limerick were on their 45-year break from Liam, Offaly brought him home four times. Any hope of a recovery Piquet?
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

None, as far as I can see. They have shifted the matches to Tullamore out of the heartland area around Birr and have neglected the underage development that other counties have been doing.

Kilkenny had a root and branch review when Offaly beat them in '98, appointed Cody the following spring, divided up the county into Development areas putting a local Legend in charge of each and reaped the rewards until the other counties followed their example and things began to even out.

In the meantime, petty inter-club jealousies caused by Birr's successes led to the shafting of Birr, firstly as a club and secondly as an inter-county venue have led to the downward spiral we see today.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
              None, as far as I can see. They have shifted the matches to Tullamore out of the heartland area around Birr and have neglected the underage development that other counties have been doing.

Kilkenny had a root and branch review when Offaly beat them in '98, appointed Cody the following spring, divided up the county into Development areas putting a local Legend in charge of each and reaped the rewards until the other counties followed their example and things began to even out.

In the meantime, petty inter-club jealousies caused by Birr's successes led to the shafting of Birr, firstly as a club and secondly as an inter-county venue have led to the downward spiral we see today.
              It's awful to see. Apart from 1994, (when Cregan on the sideline and the Dooleys finally got their act together late on), I always enjoyed Offaly's hurling victories. They were genuine breakthroughs and the game needed it. The game still needs Offaly.
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

It's awful to see. Apart from 1994, (when Cregan on the sideline and the Dooleys finally got their act together late on), I always enjoyed Offaly's hurling victories. They were genuine breakthroughs and the game needed it. The game still needs Offaly.
                Yes, but it would appear that as far as the County Board is concerned, Offaly doesn't need the game.

Comment

Any Coughlans, Delaneys, Kellys, Whelehans, Dooleys to mention just a few coming through at all?
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

7,457 kms squared...
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

7,457 kms squared...
                      And growing

Comment

Fine opening home win for the champions in green against their close neighbours and 2016 winners. All is well with the world.

Comment

Is that the Corkness speaking?

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gae...IjFm7ga2ndPSJc
                          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Any truth in the rumour that Cork County Board are going to be put in charge of the Childrens Hospital project.
                            Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
                              Any truth in the rumour that Cork County Board are going to be put in charge of the Childrens Hospital project.
                              I can talk being from Waterford...….
                              Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
                                In fact what we saw Sunday was the foundations being laid for the Real National Children's Hospital accounting for the modest overspend in PUC.

Comment

Working...
                                X