No announcement yet.

The GAA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty dissapointed that we lost and annoyed we let it slip, it?s pretty hard to take losing a game in extra time when exhaustion has taken over, but Limerick deserved the win, the better team won. I?ll say what I said even before the match started, that Limerick would go on and win the whole thing. In fairness to the Cork team they?ve taken massive steps forward in the past few years and hopefully we?ll push on next season. It has to be said though, what a summer of hurling we?ve had. Best of luck to Limerick, genuinely hope they win, it?s their?s to lose.
    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Fair play to Limerick and their great support. It was a great to be there yesterday even though gutted leaving.

On Cork, plenty of positives (Kearney was magnificent as was Fitzy before the bangs to the head took their toll)
      but defo areas of concern. The panel is still miles off in terms of options, the fact that Harnedy arrived for extra time on
      one leg doesn't say much for the forwards in reserve who were yet to be introduced. There were goals in that Cork full
      back line all day and something which hasn't improved from the Waterford game last year. Gillane should have had three.

Comment

Keith Earls spoke to the Limerick team ahead of the semi final.

Conor Murray was in Dublin last weekend as he watched Limerick secure a stunning 3-32 to 2-31 All-Ireland SHC semi-final win over Cork.
        And he said Munster and Ireland team-mate and fellow Limerick native Keith Earls gave an inspirational speech to the Limerick hurlers beforehand.

Link
        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Kerry lead Kildare by eleven points in Killarney.

Unfortunately for them, Monaghan lead by seven in Salthill and will win the Group with Galway second and Kerry third and out

Comment

The Semi-Finals will be Dublin v Galway and Monaghan v Donegal or Tyrone. (Donegal must win tomorrow, not losing will do Tyrone)

Comment

Eamon Fitzmaurice, the Kerry Manager has resigned according to RTÉ

Comment

Last week, Galway led 1-7 to a point after 20 minutes or so.

This week they lead 1-9 to 0-3 at the same stage.

Comment

Galway v Limerick final. And I think we can win. Jebus!
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Tyrone beat Donegal 2-17 to 1-13 and will now play Monaghan in the Semi-Final next Sunday. The Dubs and Galway are in the other one on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                      Galway v Limerick final. And I think we can win. Jebus!
                      My first game at Croke Park was Galway v Limerick 1980 final. Limerick never showed up that day and still could have snuck it; I think beating Cork in the Munster final that year was their All Ireland.
                      Those were different days, Galway were underdorgs, hadnt won for ages, Limericks win in 73 was fairly recent. Galway are favorites for this one and deservedly so but I would give Limerick every chance. I think we're better than Clare, notwithstanding the result in Cusack Park, both Clare and Kilkenny have shown Galway are far from invincible, and this Limerick team have handled everything thats thrown at them well.
                      If Gillane can hold on to his hurl, and we can contain Canning.......
                      Not saying Limerick will win but 7/4 odds with Paddy Power seems like a decent wager

i wont be going to this one: made the trip home specially for 96 and dont want to put the hex on
                      Last edited by Yatenga; 6th-August-2018, 14:54.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                          Eamon Fitzmaurice, the Kerry Manager has resigned according to RTÉ
                          As a Kerry supporter, I believe he did the right thing. This Kerry management team had unbelievable off-field resources made available to them, and had a fine panel of players - but they did not seem to have any ideas tactically or technically, and were outthought by both Kevin Walsh and Malachy O'Rourke. Pity to see my greatest Kerry player of modern times, Maurice Fitz, go down with the ship.
                          Hope Starry Boy retires as he has given his all in green and gold, saving Fitzmaurice in 2014 and again in Clones, despite being disregarded sitting on the bench.
                          Sad to see James O'Donoghue not really coming back to anywhere near his 2014 Footballer of the Year level. Chronic injuries have taken a toll. Hope he can improve as he plays with a smile on his face.
                          To me, as to most Kerry fans, the really mystifying factor in this year's AI/Super 8 tussles was the total collapse in form, to an unacceptable level, by normally excellent players like Moran and Paul Geaney, even the never bad Paul Murphy not to mention lesser but usually dependable lads like Crowley, Young, Enright, Walsh, even 'Two Points' BJ Keane.

On a personal note, under NO circumstances do I want to see the Third Coming of Jack O'Connor. He has had the pick of 4 minor winning teams but has had zero impact on U21 and u20 football.

I'd ignore the slating of Fitzmaurice and co by Spillane - his unwanted hat is permanently in the ring for Kerry manager, which he will never get.

Comment

C'mon Limerick - as a Limerick resident since 2001, I really hope for Liam for Treaty City - the thirst here for hurling glory is palpable and an antidote to those failures since 1973 is needed - there's even a book about 'the curse'.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

My first game at Croke Park was Galway v Limerick 1980 final. Limerick never showed up that day and still could have snuck it; I think beating Cork in the Munster final that year was their All Ireland.
                              Those were different days, Galway were underdorgs, hadnt won for ages, Limericks win in 73 was fairly recent. Galway are favorites for this one and deservedly so but I would give Limerick every chance. I think we're better than Clare, notwithstanding the result in Cusack Park, both Clare and Kilkenny have shown Galway are far from invincible, and this Limerick team have handled everything thats thrown at them well.
                              If Gillane can hold on to his hurl, and we can contain Canning.......
                              Not saying Limerick will win but 7/4 odds with Paddy Power seems like a decent wager

i wont be going to this one: made the trip home specially for 96 and dont want to put the hex on
                              I've been to every semi final and final since 1980. Due to a few different circumstances this year was the first I couldn't make the semi fianl. And I'll not be at the final either (though I could make a replay if there is one).

I think Limerick have a great chance, possibly the best chance since the two finals in the 90s. We've gotten stronger as each game had passed, and even the game in Ennis will stand to us.

Galway have a curious trait of battering teams for the first 20 mins, falling flat before and after half time and finishing strongly. If we can keep up with them for the first 20 we will win. Our finishers have a phenomenal scoring record and tactically we are very astute.

​Though after 94 I won't actually belwivb we've won anything until the day after the game!

​​​​
                              ​​
                              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

"Who fears to speak of '98?" , a docementary on that year's All Ireland is on now on RTÉ Radio One, now.

EDIT It's on again tomorrow, Sunday evening at seven and can be got as a podcast.
                                Last edited by Piquet; 11th-August-2018, 12:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X