The GAA Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTÉ's report on tonight's Dubs v Donegal contains this gem:

"Donegal gave it a respectable rattle and Dublin didn't toss them off like they have so many before them."

Oooh Matron!!
    Last edited by Piquet; 15th-July-2018, 10:53.

Comment

Limerick beat the cats despite the ref giving us sweet **** all in the match!
      Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
        Great win and yes we got nothing. Trying to work out the semi finals now..
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
          Great win and yes we got nothing. Trying to work out the semi finals now..
          Galway v Clare, 28 July
          Cork v Limerick, 29 July
          Life is good

Comment

It’s a massive win for that Limerick team. Still think Galway will retain Liam but a great opportunity for the likes of us. Onward and upward.
            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

I'm in Spain and saw none of the match but scoring 24 points from play and not losing their nerve when conceding a goal and going behind in the last ten minutes (I'm from Offaly!!) bodes well for that Limerick team.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                I'm in Spain and saw none of the match but scoring 24 points from play and not losing their nerve when conceding a goal and going behind in the last ten minutes (I'm from Offaly!!) bodes well for that Limerick team.
                I'd fancy them to beat Cork.

Galway V Limerick final imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                  I'd fancy them to beat Cork.

Galway V Limerick final imo.
                  it's coming home ...
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

careful what you wish for

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                    Hoping Limerick can put Kilkenny out this weekend.

I guess I'd be asking too much that they bate them off the park too.

Comment

Galway are probably a step above the rest.......great mix of physicality, pace and hurling but Cork were unlucky last year and have plenty going for them. Clare and Limerick are a little unpredictable but certainly have the potential to pull one off. Galway deserved favourites but all to play for.
                      Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
                        Helped that TJ Reid, for once, showed his human side
                        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Galway are the only "Leinster" team left.

Comment

Fantastic game yesterday, that Limerick forward line will be a big test for Cork especially their full forward. Saying that Kilkenny
                            left the game after them with all those wides so Cork should make hay up front.

Should be over 70,000 at it. Cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by rua13 View Post
                              Fantastic game yesterday, that Limerick forward line will be a big test for Cork especially their full forward. Saying that Kilkenny
                              left the game after them with all those wides so Cork should make hay up front.

Should be over 70,000 at it. Cant wait.
                              thought the Limerick FB line did a great job cutting down on goal chances. Kilkenny had one chance and being them converted it. Cork will score more points than Kilkenny, but I suspect there are a few goals in that Limerick full forward line. Nash is an excellent goalie but hard to see any keeper repeating Murphy performance yesterday and Cork FB line is shaky, possibly more so than Kilkennys
                              Should be a close one

Comment

Apart Ulster the one county board who have consistently blocked anything progressive down the years was ....

Coincidence?

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/07...r-testimonial/

Comment

Working...
                                X