Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GAA Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Traffic today could be very very bad.

    Wexford, Waterford and Kilkenny folks all travelling in the same route. Well, the majority.

    The new stadium looked very well yesterday and is another credit to the GAA . . .but upping the capacity by 12,000 or more with no discernible improvement in access to and from the site (city wide access, not local) will prove telling on days like today imo.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Piquet View Post
      The traffic has always been dire. Living as I do in Douglas, I drove to the Páirc once in the late 80s and haven't done so since.
      I ended up on the pitch watching a game only a few years back listening to the announcer on the tannoy asking Gardai to do their jobs and alleviate the crowd issues, it was surreal as if they had caused any of the issue. There was a distinct lack of stewards, no proper checking of tickets and and a level of un-orgaisation that was lucky not to lead to a serious incident. I said that day that I wouldn't go to another game until it was redeveloped. I have often walked the line from by the Rochestown Inn/ Hartys Key to games there and its a hassle free way of getting there, Douglas, Blackrock, Mahon Point, Ballintemple are all bottlenecks.

      Comment


        http://www.redfm.ie/news/news/cork/c...rc-ui-chaoimh/


        Out of interest, how other than pulling it out of their holes do people come up with these figures? 25Million from 60k people? Over 400 per person to the local economy, so it can't include ticket sales from day tripping Sandwich carrying thermos flask GAA die hards?

        Comment


          Originally posted by lawrence View Post
          I ended up on the pitch watching a game only a few years back listening to the announcer on the tannoy asking Gardai to do their jobs and alleviate the crowd issues, it was surreal as if they had caused any of the issue. There was a distinct lack of stewards, no proper checking of tickets and and a level of un-orgaisation that was lucky not to lead to a serious incident. I said that day that I wouldn't go to another game until it was redeveloped. I have often walked the line from by the Rochestown Inn/ Hartys Key to games there and its a hassle free way of getting there, Douglas, Blackrock, Mahon Point, Ballintemple are all bottlenecks.
          Actually amazing there was never a serious incident in that God forsaken old stadium, every single time there was a capacity crowd there were serious crowd management issues.

          Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

          Comment


            A good few more here today than there was yesterday, if the crowds in and outside the pubs are any measure.

            Comment


              If Wexford win today, they will get Cork. If Waterford win, there'll be a draw.

              Comment


                I'm in row D section 306, the upper South stand. Fine view except the TV cameras are between me and the aforementioned Blackrock corner.

                Comment


                  Wexford look like a team trying to play the game like footballers do.... trying to build possession up along the pitch by holding the ball and short passing to and from each other all the way up the pitch.

                  It would be something if they had good accuracy in those passes but they don't.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                    http://www.redfm.ie/news/news/cork/c...rc-ui-chaoimh/


                    Out of interest, how other than pulling it out of their holes do people come up with these figures? 25Million from 60k people? Over 400 per person to the local economy, so it can't include ticket sales from day tripping Sandwich carrying thermos flask GAA die hards?
                    Dublin chamber of commerce decried earlier in the week that the TWO U2 gigs in croker were worth 20 million to Dublins economy, when it was pointed out to them there was one gig they revised that figure to 12.5 million

                    They pulled a figure from their holes, twice.


                    It's pure clickbait
                    I am the million man.

                    Comment


                      Straight Red for De Burca for apparently interfering with the face gaurd or with his opponents helmet.

                      Comment


                        So the four semi finalists are Cork, Galway, Waterford, Tipp. Potential for some brilliant games.
                        Last edited by Stringer9; 23rd-July-2017, 17:56.
                        The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

                        Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

                        The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

                        Comment


                          Gwan De Deices.....good to make the semis in with the big boys. TdB will be a huge loss.
                          Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            Dublin chamber of commerce decried earlier in the week that the TWO U2 gigs in croker were worth 20 million to Dublins economy, when it was pointed out to them there was one gig they revised that figure to 12.5 million

                            They pulled a figure from their holes, twice.


                            It's pure clickbait

                            In fairness to the price of hotel rooms, that might be true, not sure its clickbait, just **** journalism.

                            Comment


                              Delighted with the win today - Pairc u C looking good after the facelift
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                              Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                              Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                                Delighted with the win today - Pairc u C looking good after the facelift
                                So it is, I remember an interview where Garrett Fitzgerald said he'd "love" a European game to be played there if the opportunity came about. Now how likely that is is another story, but a girl can hope. A nice alternative to the Aviva though.
                                Last edited by Stringer9; 23rd-July-2017, 22:53.
                                The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

                                Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

                                The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X