Gwan Toome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gwan Toome

Well hooray for Toomevara may your banners never fall.....

Munster Champions. Tis a great day for the little parish[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

I thought Toom was the biggest parish by ''land mass'' in Tipperary.........

Comment

Well played by Toome, to be fair there were the better side, still
      think the ref was daft, how can you decide a great game (considering
      the weather) on two whims?
      Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by topcoach.ie
        I thought Toom was the biggest parish by ''land mass'' in Tipperary.........

Sorry a local joke[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor
          Well played by Toome, to be fair there were the better side, still think the ref was daft, how can you decide a great game (considering the weather) on two whims?

I have to agree.The ref was a joke. Watched the video this evening and cringed. I do think we should have had it won earlier but kept goin for goals and their keeper was savage.

Comment

Originally posted by toomey

Originally posted by scotscor
            Well played by Toome, to be fair
            there were the better side, still think the ref was daft, how can you
            decide a great game (considering the weather) on two whims?

I have to agree.The ref was a joke. Watched the video this evening
            and cringed. I do think we should have had it won earlier but kept goin
            for goals and their keeper was savage.
            He was excellent, havent managed to watch the vid yet, but we had 12
            wides in the first half and it was easier to score most of the time.

Having said that toome spent the first 25 mins going for goals (which eo did in the last ten mins)

The turning point was the injury to buckley. Before that we were 9
            clear after teh four minute stoppage, you had a great break forcing a
            great save and then scored from the 65 and everything else flowed

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Fair assesment. It`s a pity we didn`t have a fine day cos it could have been a thriller. Considering the conditions there was some fine hurling. Big Murphy in the corner looks handy.

Comment

Originally posted by toomey
                Fair assesment. It`s a pity we didn`t have a fine day cos
                it could have been a thriller. Considering the conditions there was
                some fine hurling. Big Murphy in the corner looks handy.
                Too many murphys on the team though, and I dont think they are even related to each other. You'd swear twas a cork name

Comment

Was that the ref who need a garda escourt off the field?
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
                    Was that the ref who need a garda escourt off the field?
                    yep, I was very disappointed about that. I can understand how pissed
                    off the players were as there were two crucial decisions in injury time
                    that went against them with the ref overruling the umpire from 60 yards
                    away.

But the ref is sacrosanct and the players should be hauled up for it.

Comment

read about that, the GAA need to impose some sort of code on that...
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Looked to me he was trying for a draw with the first overruling. Then when the second happened he had to question it again to look fair. But it was clearly a 65 and yer man the umpiredidn't back down. How will they do against the cats I wonder?
                        Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Comment

Originally posted by Clubman
                          Looked to me he was trying for a draw with the first
                          overruling. Then when the second happened he had to question it again
                          to look fair. But it was clearly a 65 and yer man the
                          umpiredidn't back down. How will they do against the cats I
                          wonder?
                          the second was down our end and I thought the sliotar had stopped about
                          2 feet shy of the line and when the toome forward went to get it he was
                          barged over the line with teh ball going at the same time, a likely
                          wide.

Comment

As an impartial observer I thought the winning 65 was more clear cut, the ball had crossed the line, after the keeper stopped it going over the bar, before the Toomevara player touched it. I couldn't be sure about the one at the other end, even with the replay in slow-motion. Players will always try and influence the ref in these situations. Not an easy one to decide. Damned if you do and all that.
                            Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Working...
                            X