The Bootroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Panorama Special from 2012.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

I remember Peter Jones and Alan Green were doing the BBC Radio commentary. Jones stayed in the stand commentating while Green went downstairs to see what he could find out.

Peter Jones died from pneumonia, the following spring having caught a bad chill doing the Boat Race. His widow said afterwards that between Hillsborough and his death he never got a full night's sleep.
      Last edited by Piquet; 27-April-2016, 10:34. Reason: typo

Comment

The Grauniad blows the Sun's "The Truth" headline apart.

EDIT the same article is also in today's Irish Times
        Last edited by Piquet; 27-April-2016, 08:33.

Comment

Kenny Dalglish interviewed by his daughter. Listen to it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03sb94b

He went to every funeral. Every one. Sometimes four a day. He damn near broke himself to help those who needed it, simply because, as he said, they support us, now we support them. His son was in that crowd; it took such a toll on him he had to leave the club he loves so dearly. And when asked what he did, when he and daughter know it both, just shrugs it off as, "Not a lot."

If "hero" has any meaning in sport, it's King Kenny.
          Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
            Kenny Dalglish interviewed by his daughter. Listen to it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03sb94b

He went to every funeral. Every one. Sometimes four a day. He damn near broke himself to help those who needed it, simply because, as he said, they support us, now we support them. His son was in that crowd; it took such a toll on him he had to leave the club he loves so dearly. And when asked what he did, when he and daughter know it both, just shrugs it off as, "Not a lot."

If "hero" has any meaning in sport, it's King Kenny.
            I think Hillsborough broke Kenny in the same way Heysel broke Fagan. To witness scenes like that would leave an indelible mark on even the most strongest of characters. I've watched some of the footage from Hillsborough as I was too young to remember it and it's tough to watch. It leaves you with a massive lump in your throat and fighting back the tears.
            He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Jose and United have parted ways
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

As a Liverpool fan I'm disappointed.
                Thought he was doing a great job and deserved 4 more years.
                Life is good

Comment

Finally. League Champions

Comment

I'm sure that's what everyone will be talking about in the future about 2020 (or just not talking about it at all)
                    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

(but as far as Liverpool teams go I did like this bunch)
                      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

A nice touch by the LFC CEO, last night, "....for Sean Cox.....for the 96"

EDIT:

Full quote:

“Number 19 is finally here. It’s for our millions of fans, near and far…we miss you. It’s for the Reds that fell to the virus. It’s for my dad, who first took me to Anfield in 1959. It’s for Sean Cox, smiling in Ireland right now. And it’s for the 96, who will never be forgotten,”

and I'm a Man U fan.
                        Last edited by Piquet; 26-June-2020, 18:53.

Comment

Delighted.

30 years ago as a bratish teen i didn't think I'd have to wait till I was in my moody middle age to win the next league title.

An added bonus is I'm off work this week so got absolutely slaughtered last night. Actually that's not a bonus!

I'm enjoying it anyway
                          Life is good

Comment

2020 just keeps getting darker.

I do hope my old mate Ronnie is enjoying it though, wherever he is!

EDIT: in case the implication wasn't clear from the above, the rest of you lot can piss off, especially Harry obviously.
                            Last edited by Jenta; 26-June-2020, 10:28.
                            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...chester-united

​​​​​Not as much as you'll struggle Ollie.
                              Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EbbThACWoAEU5dg?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	2600982
                                Life is good

Comment

Working...
                                X