Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bootroom

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm not surprised but I'm sure a lot of people are... He had lost his bit of magic and it's defo the right decision.
    \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
    Dalai Lama

    Comment


      Long live Rafa!

      Comment


        Originally posted by taz View Post
        Long live Rafa!
        Wouldn't surprise me if he returned
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

        Comment


          Originally posted by John123 View Post
          I'm not surprised but I'm sure a lot of people are... He had lost his bit of magic and it's defo the right decision.
          Yeah I was only saying it to someone at the weekend that the players had consistently failed to get up for the ordinary games, something that a manager should be correcting, and that happened right up to the last game. He had to go. Fair dues to Henry for willing to take on a Kop hero, impressive. Garrett Fitz take note ;)

          Comment


            Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
            Wouldn't surprise me if he returned
            He still lives on Merseyside, so you can bet he'll be in for it. Either way, I'd say Henry has someone lined up.

            Comment


              Hard to tell if it was the right call. They were four points above the bottom three when he came in. But he (or someone else) did spend a fair bit of cash on ****e.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

              "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


              "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

              Comment


                Originally posted by Point View Post
                He still lives on Merseyside, so you can bet he'll be in for it. Either way, I'd say Henry has someone lined up.
                Roy Keane.

                Comment


                  It will be Martinez, won't it?
                  "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                  "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                  "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                  Comment


                    His behaviour in the Suarez affair nailed him, I felt, and justifiably. If Liverpool has aspirations to return to the top table, they should set some standards of behaviour, starting with their manager.
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                      Hard to tell if it was the right call. They were four points above the bottom three when he came in. But he (or someone else) did spend a fair bit of cash on ****e.
                      if fairness, he got Suarez and Carroll for £58m having sold Torres for £50m, so it looks worse than it is.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                        It will be Martinez, won't it?
                        The media have been planting the seed of that idea alright, but whoever gets it, I hope they boot Downing out the door as their first act and buy a winger who can cross a ball.

                        Comment


                          He deserved more time. It feels wrong to have 2 corporate beings from the US sack the legend who made history at the club.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                            He deserved more time. It feels wrong to have 2 corporate beings from the US sack the legend who made history at the club.
                            Perhaps he did, but I got the feeling that he was a tired man. There were times during the season when he (too) honestly admitted he just didn't know what they were doing wrong.

                            PS time isn't on Liverpool's side to over indulge anyone. The next move from Henry will be interesting.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Point View Post
                              The media have been planting the seed of that idea alright, but whoever gets it, I hope they boot Downing out the door as their first act and buy a winger who can cross a ball.
                              Downing who has been named in the Engerlish squad for the euros?....I kid you not.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by taz View Post
                                Downing who has been named in the Engerlish squad for the euros?....I kid you not.
                                I know, the tabloids will have a field day.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X