The Bootroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<DIV =etitorialText>

<S&#079;NG>Liverpool are the latest Premier League club to be linked with a move for Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra. [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]</S&#079;NG>

The 24-year-old defensive midfielder has English football experience during his time with Chelsea, Arsenal and Portsmouth, and Reds boss Roy Hodgson is keen to strengthen with experience in the January transfer window.

Diarra has reportedly fallen out of favour at Madrid, the club he joined in January 2009 for £20 million from Pompey. Under Jose Mourinho, chances at the Santiago Bernabeu appear to be at a premium, and the 'special one' is willing to listed to offers for the player.

Liverpool were originally linked with 'Lass' in August, when Goal.com UK reported that the Anfield club had made an enquiry about the player's availability.

TalkSPORT now reports that Tottenham Hotspur, Everton and Aston Villa have all joined the chase for the player since, leaving Liverpool with a fight on their hands if they want to secure the player's signing in 2011.

Former Fulham boss Hodgson has been promised money to spend by new Liverpool owners NESV, and the Merseyside outfit have been linked with a string of attacking players as they search for a foil for Fernando Torres.

Strengthening key defensive areas is another priority, and Liverpool could do that with a move for a French international midfielder with the quality of Diarra. Due to interest from other clubs, it will cost the Anfield outfit in the region of £10 million.
    < =text/>
    if (typeof (InSkinParams) == 'undefined') var InSkinParams = {};
    InSkinParams['myInSkin1'] = {
    'srv_SectionID': '123827',
    'srv_SectionIDPlay': '',
    'srv_Keywords': '',
    'plr_ContentType': 'QUICKTV',
    'plr_ContentID': 'myContent1',
    'plr_ContentW': '264',
    'plr_ContentH': '193',
    'plr_FrameTop': '50',
    'plr_FrameSide': '20',
    'plr_FrameBottom': '30',
    'plr_InSkinW': '304',
    'plr_InSkinH': '273',
    'plr_NoSkinContentResize': 'true',
    'plr_NoSkinContentW': '304',
    'plr_NoSkinContentH': '216',
    'plr_NoSkinInSkinResize': 'true',
    'plr_NoSkinInSkinW': '304',
    'plr_NoSkinInSkinH': '216',
    'plr_InitOnLoad': 'true',
    'plr_InitAfterContent': 'true',
    'plr_AssumeSkin': 'false',
    'plr_HideElementsByID': 'rtool, myContent1',
    'plr_HideElementsByClass': '',
    'plr_AssumeAS3Creatives': 'false'
    };

InSkinLoad.init('myInSkin1');

</DIV>
    \" 220 horses, i gotta gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas....DON\'T YOU LOVE IT\"

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born
      Bolton murderised one nil. Two wins on the bounce. One set of Yanks traded for another. Woy steady at the healm. This is about as good as it gets. Depressing really.
      Only 5 points from a Champions League place...[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
      \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
      Dalai Lama

Comment

<S&#079;NG>Commolli ready to usurp Bayern in "New Adebayor" chase</S&#079;NG>

New Liverpool Director of football strategy Damien Comolli has set his sights on FC Cluj striker Lacina Traore, however the former Tottenham Hotspur Director of football will face a battle with Bayern Munich for the giant forward’s signature.

The 20-year-old 6ft 8 in striker was linked with a move to Arsenal in the January transfer window, however Gunner’s boss Arsene Wenger is not in the market for a striker having purchased Moroccan hit-man Marouane Chamakh on a free transfer.

Bayern Munich, who beat FC CLuj last night 4-0 in the Champions League are hot on the heals of Traore, and the FC Cluj President revealed that Liverpool face competition from the German champions.

Cluj President Iuliu Muresan told Prosport: “I spoke with Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who is following two of our players. And Traore is one of them.”

Traore has been labeled the “New Adebayor” in his homeland and has been earmarked for a bright future at international level with the Ivory Coast. In an exclusive interview with <S&#079;NG>Sport.co.uk</S&#079;NG> the player’s agent revealed that there was interest in the player, however the player’s representative refused to comment on specific clubs being linked with the striker.

Thomas Boehm told <S&#079;NG>Sport.co.uk</S&#079;NG> in the summer: “There is interest but at the moment he is with CFR Cluj. We have a close relationship with the management at Cluj and we will talk to them about his future. There is nothing serious at the moment.

“There is a lot of talk with Lacina (Traore). We have had talks and spoken to different teams, but not just in the United Kingdom, but Italy, Germany and Holland. At the moment it is quiet but there could be movement in the next week. At the moment there is nothing concrete.”

Traore has yet to be capped at international level by the Ivory Coast that could provide an issue with player’s work permit for the United Kingdom.
        \" 220 horses, i gotta gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas....DON\'T YOU LOVE IT\"

Comment

6'8. Called Traore. This isn't going to end well.
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Torres 2 Chelsea 0
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Torres you beauty, class!

Comment

Gwan Liverpool
                The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img] Think Paddy Power is paying out on Liverpool winning the the Premiership

Comment

http://twitter.com/#!/kennethdalglish

king kenny is on twitter [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Back to the humdrum of mid table banality with a 1-1 draw
                      away to Wigan. Woop-dee-do.
                      "Newmarket hit Clonlara hard in the first ten minutes but doing so to a team like Clonlara is like hitting a bear. Better off to play away and not to antagonise the beast."

Comment

<H1 ="editorialline">Liverpool set to swoop for former Chelsea star</H1>
                        <H2 ="editorialline2">Liverpool - Shaun Wright-Phillips back on Anfield radar in January</H2>
                        <DIV ="etitorialText">

Liverpool are being linked with a shock January swoop for England international winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.

The 29-year-old speedster is being tipped to make a January exit from current club Manchester City, and Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is thought to be one of the parties interested in a move for the player.

Speculation surrounding the player leaving Eastlands has circulated after Wright-Phillips' father, Arsenal legend Ian Wright, was quoted as saying he wants the former Chelsea player to get first-team football.

"I'd love him to get out of there on loan at least. We're talking about someone who is still in the England squad, so Fabio Capello obviously rates him," said Wright.

"I can just see him getting further and further down the pecking order. I want him to go somewhere he'll get a fair crack at the first team."

Liverpool were linked withe the player last January, when former manager Rafa Benitez was thought to be interested in bringing the player to Anfield.

Hodgson is also thought to hold the player in high regard, and could see the player as an additional attacking presence alongside Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Dirk Kuyt.

The Reds boss is thought to have been given a transfer budget in the region of £35 million, with new Liverpool owners NESV keen to see attacking talent thrive on Merseyside.

Hodgson has reportedly ear-marked 'five or six' players to bolster the Anfield ranks, and the Metro links Wright-Phillips with a potential Liverpool move.</DIV>

Comment

<H1 =blogstitle>Roy Hodgson unhappy with Glen Johnson’s form</H1>

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has voiced his concern at the form of England right-back Glen Johnson so far this season.

The 26-year-old has only featured twice since the end of September due to injury problems, but Hodgson is concerned by what he has seen when Johnson has been involved.

He told reporters:"He's the England right-back and, if he plays like that, one would expect him to come back in when he's fit.

"But then he'd have to play like the England right-back and up to now, to be quite frank, he's not performed – very often at least – to the level I'd expect of him.

"You would have to ask him 'do you think you're playing at top form and are you playing like the best right-back in the country for your club?'.

"If he says yes, obviously we will have to agree to differ and if he says no, then you'd have to ask the question 'why not?'."

Comment

I believe that would be taken as constructive dismissal in
                            many areas

Comment

Hodgson spouts some awful amount of s**te, the man should just keep his mouth shut
                              The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

You leave Woy alone. If he keeps it up he'll be gone soon enough.
                                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                                X