Where are our Stars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are our Stars

About20years ago we were celebrating our wonderful football (soccer) team's acievements and our oustanding cyclists. One would have assumed that enoughyoung children would have been sufficiently inspired tsuch that we'd have produced a number of world class cyclist's hitting their peak about now and a quality football team but the opposite has happened. At the same time our rugby team was, iirc, in the duldrums and now look at them. My whole point here is what will happen in terms of our national sportsmen and women in 20 years... will our rugby team be abysmal and our cyclists and footballers be on top again, will rugby players be inspired by our national team at the moment,is it a cyclic thing or anyone any other ideas...

Our women boxers will take over the world.
    Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief

I predict a film series about Irish women boxers, I'll call it Roxie[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

What about the Leinster ladies (not the ladyboys!) they look pretty hot in that calender? Or am I allowed to say that.....[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
        To see the light one must first realise it is dark

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor
          What about the Leinster ladies (not the ladyboys!) they look pretty hot in that calender? Or am I allowed to say that.....[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Need proof...

Comment

Let it go, Chief....the Compromise Rules series is over !!! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by The Dave

I predict a film series about Irish women boxers, I'll call it Roxie[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
              foxy boxin?[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]
              The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

if the Bible has taught us nothing else - and it hasn't - it's that girls should stick to girl's sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.

Damn you Bosco

Comment

its a country of 4-5 million people we will always go in cycles i think, i believe we raised the standard of our rugby and it will never drop as low as the early 90's again, but we might in 10 years time be not as good as we are now or might be even better.

same is the case in gaa, look the the irish team of now we are very lucky to have players of the class that we have all in the one generation, england was the same pre world cup and then those players retired.

we can have all the systems acadmeys structures in place that we like, but nothing is going to help if the natural talent isnt there, what we have now is getting the most out of players and we are fortunate that their natural level is very high but easily in 20 years time, we could have even better systems to bring through you talent but it might not be there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dave

Originally posted by Sailor

Need proof...

Damn none of the pics will show. Click on the link ....

Can be bought here

To see the light one must first realise it is dark

Comment

Working...
                    X