Boxing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing

I'm sure there is a Boxing thread. My computer is playing up. Katie Taylor is up next on Sky Sports. 1st Pro fight.
    The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

The World Boxing Council announced late Friday night it was withdrawing its sanctioning of an interim heavyweight title fight because Russia’s Alexander Povetkin failed a drug test for the banned substance Ostarine.

WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman told The Times in a follow-up email that he doesn’t know whether Saturday’s bout in Russia between Povetkin (30-1, 22 knockouts) and former champion Bermane Stiverne will proceed, “but if it does, it is not sanctioned by the WBC,” Sulaiman wrote.
    “It is incredible, but safety has no compromise. There is no turning back.”
    Ostarine was found in a Povetkin sample taken by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Assn. on Dec. 6, according to the WBC report on the matter, and the organization informed the WBC Friday of the adverse finding on the first, or “A” sample.
    the best

Comment

The World Boxing Council announced late Friday night it was withdrawing its sanctioning of an interim heavyweight title fight because Russia’s Alexander Povetkin failed a drug test for the banned substance Ostarine.

WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman told The Times in a follow-up email that he doesn’t know whether Saturday’s bout in Russia between Povetkin (30-1, 22 knockouts) and former champion Bermane Stiverne will proceed, “but if it does, it is not sanctioned by the WBC,” Sulaiman wrote.
      “It is incredible, but safety has no compromise. There is no turning back.”
      Ostarine was found in a Povetkin sample taken by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Assn. on Dec. 6, according to the WBC report on the matter, and the organization informed the WBC Friday of the adverse finding on the first, or “A” sample.
      the best

Comment

Today's statement from the AIBA following it's investigation of itself really is an exercise is saying absolutely nothing at all. In relation to the Rio Olympics boxing controversy.

It's the kind of waffle and dodging any Irish Politician would be proud of..

"An unwelcome Axis of Influence and sole decision making had been created and used by former Senior Management that led to a lack of due process being carried out"....

But the report then found No Active Interference in the Rio Result.

So when you examine that for a second it is a statement that appears to say alot but actually says absolutely nothing at all of any substance.

Comment

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

This is gonna be some car crash tv for McGregor..

if the fight happens in June, I presume it is under Nevada boxing laws... MCGregor is in for a huge payday and a massive hammering...
            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Never going to happen, imo.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                Never going to happen, imo.
                Potentially depends on how much Mayweather values his legacy. If he takes a fight against a guy who really can't box even a bit just for a massive payday then it'll be more difficult to refute the idea that he avoids the more dangerous fighters (even if it's one that's not really true, imo).
                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Circus stuff for ppv but as the saying about fools and their money....

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                  "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                    Potentially depends on how much Mayweather values his legacy. If he takes a fight against a guy who really can't box even a bit just for a massive payday then it'll be more difficult to refute the idea that he avoids the more dangerous fighters (even if it's one that's not really true, imo).

He might just want to go 50-0, but does it count?

As I said, I don't think it will happen. If they can't make Khan/Pacquiao happen even after it's been signed, I don't see how this actually goes ahead.

Might be that I'm not paying enough attention, but seems to me that big fights fall through as often as they go ahead now. Even if it is all signed and arranged, someone will strain a toe or something a month before and call it off.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Anyone going to watch the Klitschko Josh fight later..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

hopefully
                        Life is good

Comment

Klitchkos retirement and payday.

AJ could well be the best heavyweight ever to come out of the UK. I would expect him to finish the fight, if tyson fury can beat klitchko then AJ surely can.

Comment

Anyone know what time it might start?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X