No announcement yet.

UFC-Aldo V Mcgregor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterfordwhispersnews suggesting that McGregor flew to Brazil ahead of the Dublin pressconference to burn down Aldo's house.
    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      Waterfordwhispersnews suggesting that McGregor flew to Brazil ahead of the Dublin pressconference to burn down Aldo's house.
      Tears reading that article!!
      "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by lactose intolerant View Post
        Tears reading that article!!
        Whipped out the photo of Aldos wife and kids and urinated on it, fervent McGregor fans then asked him to urinate on them

:)
        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
          Having been in the wicked chicken one night when some clown decided he was going to try and rile up Andy Lee it was like watching the worlds most relaxed and dangerous man completely ignore said clown. A masterclass in quiet decency
          That man will never know how lucky he is.

I've seen a regular skilled boxer . . .not a world champion level boxer . . .backed into a corner by such idiots once.

It was almost alarming the ease and effortlessness it took from him to put and end to the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post

I've seen a regular skilled boxer . . .not a world champion level boxer . . .backed into a corner by such idiots once.

It was almost alarming the ease and effortlessness it took from him to put and end to the whole thing.
            This clown was out of his head drunk. Andy just avoided the situation as best he could and slipped away quietly.
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post

Did you see the youtube clip of a Russian boxer who was set upon outside a club by about 10 people, he knocked them like skittles.
              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by PARISHMAN1970 View Post
                They must have rounded up all the knacks in Dublin to make up that audience
                Unfortunately not. There are a lot more around.

Comment

A behind the scenes video of the Dublin event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=696&v=6pHJa83IJaE

Comment

Aldo is out....McGregor faces Chad Mendes instead....what are the thoughts about this? For me this is the fight McGregor should have been given all along. I don't think he'd done enough against established top fighters in his weight class to be given a title shot in the first place. This will still be a huge challenge for him and will legitimize any title fight for him in future. It's still a case of put up or shut up for him, the only thing that's changed is his opponent.
                    \"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.\" George Carlin

Comment

It's hard to know where mendes is preparation wise. Taking a fight on short notice can mean a rushed weight cut, which coincidentally is one of mcgregors main advantages. The other being his height and reach which he has shown to be able to use, he has power and accuracy in his hands, when you put that into a unpredictable guy with height and reach it makes for a dangerous combination

I find the best way to stay interested in this fight, and this fighter is not to listen to a word he says, he is a top level MMA fighter, and will hold the belt someday, but if I started listening to him I would start to dislike what is an incredibly talented hard working fighter. The best of luck to him, in what is a jokefighting for an interim title.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                        It's hard to know where mendes is preparation wise. Taking a fight on short notice can mean a rushed weight cut, which coincidentally is one of mcgregors main advantages. The other being his height and reach which he has shown to be able to use, he has power and accuracy in his hands, when you put that into a unpredictable guy with height and reach it makes for a dangerous combination
                        Valid point there that i hadn't actually considered.

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                        I find the best way to stay interested in this fight, and this fighter is not to listen to a word he says, he is a top level MMA fighter, and will hold the belt someday, but if I started listening to him I would start to dislike what is an incredibly talented hard working fighter. The best of luck to him, in what is a jokefighting for an interim title.
                        Remains to be seen as far as i'm concerned. Although this fight may well be the deciding factor in that for me.
                        \"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.\" George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by friendofthedevil View Post
                          Valid point there that i hadn't actually considered.

Remains to be seen as far as i'm concerned. Although this fight may well be the deciding factor in that for me.
                          Listening to an interview the other night, Mendes had been preparing for this fight, given Aldo's history of pulling out and the abrasive nature of the sport meant there is always a high risk of a pull out. I don't think it's going to be an issue, possibly even an advantage given he hasn't had to do the PR rounds and spend months listening to McGregor mouthing off.
                          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Working...
                          X