Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
    Typical irish begrudgery.
    Amazing that such an attitude still persists in this day and age.
    It's not begrudgery he's just not a likeable sort, the fact that he's from Ireland still doesn't make him likeable.
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

'The Notorious' bandwagon is a perfect circle-jerk really, incredible athlete but an irrepressible tool.

Those who think he's a wanker are shot down by those who admire his athleticism. And those who think he's an incredible athlete are shot down by those who think he's a wanker.

Good hype or bad hype he's making coin. If Aldo cleans his clock though it might slow his mouth. He's gotten his chance to shut everyone up or be shut up.
      I am the million man.

Comment

****in. eejit.

Have to say, his raiding of the 'Trading Places' wardrobe has worked a treat
        Click image for larger version

Name:	trading-places.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	2485306
        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by friendofthedevil View Post
          You can romanticise the golden age of boxing all you like but at the end of the day it was still two guys beating seven shades of shi*e out of each other.
          And at that Liston still probably took a dive!

Comment

You stay classy McGregor

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
              When Ali was King, Boxing was Hemmingwayesque, mano-a- mano, a noble contest and fight between two men.

This UFC stuff is no more than a gutter brawl between two lowlifes
              Oh please, have a read about what went on in the build up to the "rumble in the jungle".
              It was after all the making of don king ffs.
              Ali invented trash talk btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
                Oh please, have a read about what went on in the build up to the "rumble in the jungle".
                It was after all the making of don king ffs.
                Ali invented trash talk btw.
                That was a disgrace yesterday . I've never seen a boxing event whereby drunken fans are given a microphone to abuse an 8 year champion . The fact that they were Irish and it was in Dublin says everything about this place . An embarrassement.
                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                  That was a disgrace yesterday . I've never seen a boxing event whereby drunken fans are given a microphone to abuse an 8 year champion . The fact that they were Irish and it was in Dublin says everything about this place . An embarrassement.
                  Worse thing, most were proud of they way they carried on yesterday, says a lot..
                  Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

I'd imagine the Venn Diagram of "Lads who go to a UFC press conference to wave flags and shout" and "Lads you don't want to get stuck talking to in the pub" is basically just a single circle.

I quite liked McGregor but the more I see of him in the lead up to this fight the more I think it'd be hilarious to see him knocked flat on his ass.
                    Last edited by Jenta; 1st-April-2015, 08:48.
                    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by BOK View Post
                      He hasn't really walked the walk though. He has had a pretty easy route to this title fight in terms of the quality of fighter he has come up against. The only reason he has gotten a title fight this soon is because of his gob! which tbh is fair enough. He has played the game very well. If he beats Aldo then fair play to him, he will be a worthy champion. I still won't like his style though. He's a loud mouth yob with zero class. If that sort of entertainment value, which the UFC is built upon, is your thing then fair enough, everyone to their own. The likes of McGregor though, champion or not, doesn't come near to the likes of Andy Lee imo. If I had kids who were interested in a fighting sport, I know which of those two I'd prefer to be their role model.
                      He doesn't come close to Lee in personality possibly but I'd say he'd wipe the floor in the ring.
                      That being said the yobs at the press conference were an embarrassment.
                      Stand up and fight

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
                        He doesn't come close to Lee in personality possibly but I'd say he'd wipe the floor in the ring.
                        He'd wipe the floor with a World Champion like Andy Lee?

Mc Gregor may be good but he ain't Bruce Lee. I would suspect if he moved up a Division he'd he slaughtered. It's not as if he hasn't been beaten.
                        I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
                          That's why animals are kept in cages and boxers box in a ring.

Given Andys reach I think McGregor would likely struggle in a boxing bout with Lee. Twere it a cage fight then the tables turn.
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            That's why animals are kept in cages and boxers box in a ring.

Given Andys reach I think McGregor would likely struggle in a boxing bout with Lee. Twere it a cage fight then the tables turn.
                            And a 2am scuffle outside D'Icon as a tie breaker?
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                              And a 2am scuffle outside D'Icon as a tie breaker?
                              Having been in the wicked chicken one night when some clown decided he was going to try and rile up Andy Lee it was like watching the worlds most relaxed and dangerous man completely ignore said clown. A masterclass in quiet decency
                              I am the million man.

Comment

This was a brutal movie, but it nailed this UFC crap down to a tee.

Very Much NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adfV9Dbrtrw
                                "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Working...
                                X