UFC-Aldo V Mcgregor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    He's an arse-hole in my view. Supreme athlete no question but a terrible sportsman. But then talent isn't always married with intelligence. Sadly lacking in his case.

Everyone says he's the better fighter- maybe he is. But everytime they show a close up of the two of them eyeballing each other Mc Gregor is the one who looks scared to me.

Don't really care who wins but I wish Mc Gregor would put a sock in it because he's not articulate, intelligent or endearing to anyone and it's no wonder when I went to a Cage fighters gig in DCU last year it was full of pin-heads.

Maybe he is that good and if he is- good luck to him. maybe Dana White will send him to get educated somewhere so if we have to listen to his never-ending ****e it might be worth listening to.
    Typical irish begrudgery.
    Amazing that such an attitude still persists in this day and age.

Comment

I might just be too long in the tooth, but I can't get into the UFC thing at all. Guys kneeing each other in the head and hitting each other on the ground. It's like watching a row outside the Lobster Pot.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

When Ali was King, Boxing was Hemmingwayesque, mano-a- mano, a noble contest and fight between two men.

This UFC stuff is no more than a gutter brawl between two lowlifes
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
          When Ali was King, Boxing was Hemmingwayesque, mano-a- mano, a noble contest and fight between two men.

This UFC stuff is no more than a gutter brawl between two lowlifes
          You can romanticise the golden age of boxing all you like but at the end of the day it was still two guys beating seven shades of shi*e out of each other, the fact that intellectuals like norman mailer wrote eloquently and knowledgably about it will never change that.

UFC, purely as a sport, is imo far beyond boxing in terms of the technique and the skill set fighters need to develop.

I do, however, feel that the events are presented in a style that is too much like a WWE wrestling show. All that horrible meathead heavy metal music and the guff that sometimes comes out of the presenters mouths (generally in the lead up to a fight, during the fights i find their commentary to be quite illuminating, especially joe rogan who knows what he's talking about) can be cringeworthy in the extreme.
          \"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.\" George Carlin

Comment

Don't really care who wins but I wish Mc Gregor would put a sock in it because he's not articulate, intelligent or endearing to anyone and it's no wonder when I went to a Cage fighters gig in DCU last year it was full of pin-heads.
            I think he already does for the weigh ins
            He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
              Typical irish begrudgery.
              Amazing that such an attitude still persists in this day and age.
              No begrudery at all. He's a very gifted athlete and if he's as good as you think he is - good luck to him.

He just doesn't have any articulation skills and unfortunately he just sells the stereotypical Irish thicko image abroad everytime he opens his mouth. There are epidemics around the world that come and go quicker then the number of press conferences for this fight- which is the featherweight division after all.
              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Its a promotion tour Outlaw. Thats why they are having press conferences in every city they go to. I love the reaction he gets out of the other fighters, he has talked the talk and walked the walk. It will tell on July 11th if he has done enough talking. I still think he will win.
                Stand up and fight

Comment

Sums it up really

I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
                    Its a promotion tour Outlaw. Thats why they are having press conferences in every city they go to. I love the reaction he gets out of the other fighters, he has talked the talk and walked the walk. It will tell on July 11th if he has done enough talking. I still think he will win.
                    Dana White can't afford for him to lose and I suspect he won't either way. Unless Aldo knocks him out which is highly unlikely.
                    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

You can watch their press conference live from Dublin on this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxoT34adJ_4

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
                        He hasn't really walked the walk though. He has had a pretty easy route to this title fight in terms of the quality of fighter he has come up against. The only reason he has gotten a title fight this soon is because of his gob! which tbh is fair enough. He has played the game very well. If he beats Aldo then fair play to him, he will be a worthy champion. I still won't like his style though. He's a loud mouth yob with zero class. If that sort of entertainment value, which the UFC is built upon, is your thing then fair enough, everyone to their own. The likes of McGregor though, champion or not, doesn't come near to the likes of Andy Lee imo. If I had kids who were interested in a fighting sport, I know which of those two I'd prefer to be their role model.

Comment

Originally posted by PARISHMAN1970 View Post
                          You can watch their press conference live from Dublin on this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxoT34adJ_4
                          The press conference is lively

Comment

Originally posted by BOK View Post
                            He hasn't really walked the walk though. He has had a pretty easy route to this title fight in terms of the quality of fighter he has come up against. The only reason he has gotten a title fight this soon is because of his gob! which tbh is fair enough. He has played the game very well. If he beats Aldo then fair play to him, he will be a worthy champion. I still won't like his style though. He's a loud mouth yob with zero class. If that sort of entertainment value, which the UFC is built upon, is your thing then fair enough, everyone to their own. The likes of McGregor though, champion or not, doesn't come near to the likes of Andy Lee imo. If I had kids who were interested in a fighting sport, I know which of those two I'd prefer to be their role model.
                            Exactly....

But watch out..... You'll likely be labelled a begrudger by some ape

Comment

Originally posted by PARISHMAN1970 View Post
                              The press conference is lively
                              You seriously hope that people abroad don't think the muppets asking the questions represent Irish society.

Its absolutely cringeworthy stuff. Ireland at it's worst

Comment

You seriously hope that people abroad don't think the muppets asking the questions represent Irish society.

Its absolutely cringeworthy stuff. Ireland at it's worst
                                They must have rounded up all the knacks in Dublin to make up that audience

Comment

Working...
                                X