UFC-Aldo V Mcgregor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Franno View Post
    I wouldn't right off Frankie Edgar ,the Edgar Aldo fight was great.We still don't know how mcgregor will do when Edgar and mendes make him wrestle.Id still worry that Aldo was able to take mendes shots and do 5 rounds
    But Mendez is a basic striker, certainly was not known as a natural striker. He's had to work hard to get to the level he's at, which for me is still way behind McGregors standard.

Edgar is a warrior but believe me when I say McGregor would make absolute **** of him.
    \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
    Dalai Lama

Comment

UFC-Aldo V Mcgregor

Originally posted by John123 View Post
      While I can understand that he rubs people up the wrong way I cannot understand why an Irish man would want to see McGregor knocked out.

McGregor is in many ways what other sports people in Ireland should aspire. And I'm not talking about the "trash talk". He's a brilliant athlete. He approaches his sport in a completely different manner to his peers. He questions how everything is done and won't do what the perceived "best practice" is for no reason.

Relatively he has very few miles on the clock with little or no damage. The same can't be said for Aldo.
      It's the trash talk that annoys me most! :)

Incredible athlete no doubt, his tongue is his own worst enemy at times IMO

(Have you never wanted to see a Leinster man knocked out? Even once? Maybe roaring into another outhalfs face?) ;)
      Last edited by Cowboy; 4-February-2015, 23:04.
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        It's the trash talk that annoys me most! :)

Incredible athlete no doubt, his tongue is his own worst enemy at times IMO

(Have you never wanted to see a Leinster man knocked out? Even once? Maybe roaring into another outhalfs face?) ;)
        Classic! :)
        \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
        Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by John123 View Post
          Classic! :)
          Yerra I hope he wins at the end of the day, a big dollop of Irish humility and 'stickin to knittin' whilst he's knocked down a peg or two on his way to the win and everyone's delira

:)

Gwan Notorious! Just shut the **** up along the way :)
          I am the million man.

Comment

I have watched a lot of Aldo.He is very impressive.The notorious is up against the real deal this time.
            http://youtu.be/FuzI7A4ZBtM
            Why didnĀ“t Faber try and defend the kicks...
            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

I have watched a lot of Aldo.He is very impressive.The notorious is up against the real deal this time.
              http://youtu.be/FuzI7A4ZBtM

actually what Faber should have done was do the splits and hammer the goulies off Aldo

Click image for larger version

Name:	damme.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	2484900
              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

He is just too quick.After a while he takes away your movement.Faber said it was like getting hit with a bat

Comment

Am I the only one wants to see McGregor knocked the **** out?

No problem with a fighters relentless self belief, but he's a ferociously annoying human being

No.

I'd love it too.

Im all for supporting Irish Fighters . . .Lee, Taylor etc

I'm not at all a begrudger of success . . . .

And in folks like Ali I really liked that cocky yap that they went on with.

By god I can't abide McGregor.

Comment

I love the way he talks and the way he fights! It's pure comedy listening to him and the Q&A's with fans are great
                    Stand up and fight

Comment

Most of the 'trash talk' is mainly a ploy to achieve his goals (feather and lightweight belt) sooner rather than later.
                      When he speaks about martial arts and his unorthodox/particular approach, he's more modest than cocky.
                      When guys like Prince Naseem keep going on about him being the most entertaining and exciting fighter in the world right now, you know it's time to pay attention. He's a breath of fresh air if you ask me, I really hope he goes on to realise his potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtnF3L2cnk
                      Last edited by kahalui; 8-February-2015, 09:05.

Comment

'promoting' the Aldo fight:

Name:	2709327700000578-0-UFC_fighter_Conor_McGregor_left_poses_with_training_partner_Arte-a-16_1427447.jpg
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	2485296

Name:	270A16F500000578-3014322-Muhammad_Ali_posed_for_a_similar_photograph_on_the_cover_of_Spor-a-2_14.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	2485297

Funny how you mentioned Ali earlier in the thread Corchy and here is McGregor aping/recreating/whateveryourehavingyourself the sports illustrated cover.
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
                          Most of the 'trash talk' is mainly a ploy to achieve his goals (feather and lightweight belt) sooner rather than later.
                          When he speaks about martial arts and his unorthodox/particular approach, he's more modest than cocky.
                          When guys like Prince Naseem keep going on about him being the most entertaining and exciting fighter in the world right now, you know it's time to pay attention. He's a breath of fresh air if you ask me, I really hope he goes on to realise his potential.

They may not even make the fight date for July as the tension is building up between them, i think they are in Dublin tomorrow for a press conference

http://www.the42.ie/jose-aldo-embedd...21312-Mar2015/

Comment

Originally posted by PARISHMAN1970 View Post
                            They may not even make the fight date for July as the tension is building up between them, i think they are in Dublin tomorrow for a press conference

http://www.the42.ie/jose-aldo-embedd...21312-Mar2015/
                            Oh ffs, Dana White is like Vince McMahon between them

There's an awful lot of the non-fighting stuff reminds me of monday night Raw or any other scripted piece of sports entertainment.

'quick Aldo squeeze his neck a little bit so he can't mention it at the press conference'
                            Last edited by Cowboy; 30-March-2015, 16:45.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

He's an arse-hole in my view. Supreme athlete no question but a terrible sportsman. But then talent isn't always married with intelligence. Sadly lacking in his case.

Everyone says he's the better fighter- maybe he is. But everytime they show a close up of the two of them eyeballing each other Mc Gregor is the one who looks scared to me.

Don't really care who wins but I wish Mc Gregor would put a sock in it because he's not articulate, intelligent or endearing to anyone and it's no wonder when I went to a Cage fighters gig in DCU last year it was full of pin-heads.

Maybe he is that good and if he is- good luck to him. maybe Dana White will send him to get educated somewhere so if we have to listen to his never-ending ****e it might be worth listening to.
                              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

'promoting' the Aldo fight:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11477[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11478[/ATTACH]

Funny how you mentioned Ali earlier in the thread Corchy and here is McGregor aping/recreating/whateveryourehavingyourself the sports illustrated cover.

Except he hasn't the class or an ounce of the Charisma Ali had.

He may do it on purpose . .he may be a very clever business man as well as a fighter. He may well be creating/ have created a very marketable product in the Conor McGregor we see . .the way he acts etc. I'm sure the UFC as an Org are delighted with him . . .divisive or not he will make them plenty of $$$$$$$$ if he carries on as he has been.

Comment

Working...
                                X