Colin Healy & Gareth Farrelly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colin Healy & Gareth Farrelly

Does anybody know why Healy & Farrelly had their appeals rejected & nearly all the other eircom league players didnt? I dont understand how their situation is different. Also the fact that both players are from the same club suggests Cork City didnt have their paper work in order.

huge setback for Cork city.

Healy is potentially the best midfielder in the League of Ireland and Farrelly's experience could have been invaluable in what is a very young team.

City seemed to be using the same argument that has been successful for a number of clubs (including Liverpool) that our season doesn't run concurrently with the English league, so saying that these players played for 3 clubs "in the same season" is not technically correct.

I suspect you may be right about the paperwork, but at least they have a chance to appeal and get it right next time
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

I suppose IT MUST mean FIFA are anti Cork as well as the FAI[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by The Dave
        I suppose IT MUST mean FIFA are anti Cork as well as the FAI[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
        Why you laugh? This goes all the way to the top....

Comment

In total there were 10 Eircom league players who had to go through the appeal process for this season. 8 were approved and 2 were denied. The two being the players mentioned above.

I have it on good faith that the reason City were refused permission is because they went directly to Fifa instead of submitting their appeal through the FAI. City felt they could have the process completed quicker and cheaper if they handled it themselves........ however Fifa and the FAI had other ideas. By all accounts Eoin Hand handles all Irish requests and presents them directly to Fifa. He was not too happy that City decided to handle the appeal themselves and as a result..............

The whoel thing stinks
          \"It is my considered opinion that in the fullness of time history will record the greatness of Michael Collins, and it will be recorded at my expense\". – Eamon de Valera, President of Ireland, 1966.

Comment

Working...
          X