Watching Clare V Cork in Paris

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching Clare V Cork in Paris

Looks like I am not going to go for another trip to Croke Park, instead I'll be looking for a pub airing the final.
    My first idea would be Coolin but if anybody has recommendations...

I am looking for a bit of crowd and atmosphere, not interested to watch it with the sound off or catch it in the middle because priority given to a soccer premiership game (I have experienced that enough for Munster games).

So recommendations are welcome and, of course, if anyone is interested in meeting for a great game...

And yes... Up the banner of course

http://www.parisgaa.org/watch-gaa-ma...in-osullivans/

I am not a fan of this pub but you might get the requisite atmosphere if endorsed by the local gaa club. Although I suspect you will get soccer also.

Comment

Originally posted by tickettout
      O' Sullivans in Pigalle.
      Was that the place that charged a small fortune for breakfast?
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

I am not a fan of the place but might be transformed for the occasion.
        I have sent a message to the Paris Gaels to check with them.
        Thanks for the advice!

There also used to be a pretty hardcore small pub right next to the Louvre but I don't know if it is still what it was...

Comment

James Joyce Porte Maillot. Great little rugby bar around the corner then L'etoile D'argent quite cheap Paris wise for a pint.
          We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
          Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Originally posted by ozoyo View Post
            I am not a fan of the place but might be transformed for the occasion.
            I have sent a message to the Paris Gaels to check with them.
            Thanks for the advice!

There also used to be a pretty hardcore small pub right next to the Louvre but I don't know if it is still what it was...
            A friend of mine was directed by the Paris Gaels to a pub by the Moulon Rouge for the game last Sunday, I'll try and contact her for the place name.
            "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
              A friend of mine was directed by the Paris Gaels to a pub by the Moulon Rouge for the game last Sunday, I'll try and contact her for the place name.
              Would it be the Corcoran's by any chance?

Not a big fan of that place either.
              Have to say that Coolin has remained my favourite over the years.

Comment

We ended up in a pub down the street from there - €5 a pint. It was empty when we arrived, but the jungle telegraph had it packed an hour later

http://harpbar.com/newhome.php
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                  O'Sullivan's by the Mill, The Harp and Corcoran's are along the Boulevard de Clichy. Gare du Nord is a 10 minute walk from there. A warning though. I was in Paris last Summer on work and ended up along there with a few locals. A lot of drinking can be done.
                  He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Working...
                  X