2020 Olympic Games host city

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Olympic Games host city

The other major event taking place currently is selection of the host city for the 2020 Olympic Games.

Candidate cities are Tokyo, Madrid and Istanbul.

First round voting has just taken place - result awaited ....
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Think so BW
    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Madrid is out.

Final ballot now between Istanbul and Tokyo. Tokyo was ahead in 1st ballot ...
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."

Comment

Announcement due in a few minutes now ...

Live coverage here: http://www.olympic.org/2020-host-city-election

Comment

The winner is announced: Tokyo !

Comment

They had better get a handle on their radioactivity.
            Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
              Tokyo is miles away from Fukishima. It probaly/hopefully won't be an issue.
              "I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you."

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
                They can look back in hindsight.

Comment

One year after they host the RWC. They don't do things by halves

Comment

Time difference will be a pain
                    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Wrestling reinstated for 2020 games - http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...oly&id=9650325

Comment

rumour on twitter that the peoples republic of CORK is bidding for 2024 personally I reckon if true it's a marketing ploy so they can get the attention without being at risk of actually getting the games.
                        Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass View Post
                          rumour on twitter that the peoples republic of CORK is bidding for 2024 personally I reckon if true it's a marketing ploy so they can get the attention without being at risk of actually getting the games.
                          Ah here. That's up with Gay Mitchells Olympics for Dublin effort from years back.
                          More chance of winged monkeys flying out of my hole then a Cork Olympic bid.
                          "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
                          X