Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with Baseball and Cricket that isn't equally wrong with Golf?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with Baseball and Cricket that isn't equally wrong with Golf?

Or in other words why do people slag Cricket and Baseball ( because nowt happens and it takes a long time for nowt to happen) when the same accusation can be made against Golf.

The average Baseball game is over in two and a half to three hours. Granted, Cricket at Test level takes five days, but Golf Tournaments last four days and only get exciting towards the end of the fourth day.

Golf (bar Ryder cup) and baseball are awful. Cricket is always good because of the commentators, like the tour de france with Sean Kelly commentating, always good despite what actually happens
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Have you ever listened to a Baseball Radio Commentary? They're good. Not as good as TMS but good nonetheless.

Comment

Baseball and cricket are great to attend because you can get absolutely tanked at both!

Comment

I like baseball and golf but not cricket.

Comment

Youn need alcohol to endure most baseball games..though little league when your kid is playing is always proud dad moment..trying to get him to hit it like Lar Corbett.

Though out of the 4.....id much rather be sitting having a beer somewhere along the route of Alpe D'Huez today than Muirfield, Lords or any baseball ground.
            "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

I like all 3 which may be seen as odd as I would not be considered the most patient of people at times.

The sheer concentration involved in cricket and golf is immense last Sunday's finale to the first ashes test was test cricket at its finest basically had everything. As for golf it is very true to say you cant win a championship in the first few days but you can for sure lose it, the pressure with golf must be immense at times. I know you have a caddy with you but it is such an obviously individual game you know everyone is looking at you when you line up to take a shot (rather like a kicker at TP but about 70 times each day). Seeing McIlroy blow up at the Masters a few years back was sort of heartbreaking but compulsive at the same time. I think Greg Norman done something similar previously as well, least I think it was the Masters. Then seeing McIlroy beat the demons and win a major was a great spectacle.

I have no idea why I like Baseball I just do very interesting game.
              I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

Snooker in same category
                I am the million man.

Comment

I like sport.
                  Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

I've never taken an interest in any of them Piquet. If I was going to, to these untrained eyes baseball looks like it might be the most exciting spectacle of the three, but considering that I live in a part of the world where sales of baseball bats has historically been vastly in excess of the number of actual players, I don't expect to get to see a live game any time soon.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                      Snooker in same category
                      And Darts.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                        I've never taken an interest in any of them Piquet. If I was going to, to these untrained eyes baseball looks like it might be the most exciting spectacle of the three, but considering that I live in a part of the world where sales of baseball bats has historically been vastly in excess of the number of actual players, I don't expect to get to see a live game any time soon.
                        Bit off topic, but I think if you asked everyone on munsterfans that claims to like baseball, have they lived and worked in the US, they'd say they have.
                        I know personally I only got into baseball, as stated in my other thread, coz I lived a few stops from Fenway, and made a friend for life in my time in the US who is a major Yankee's fan.

Comment

The key, I would have thought is playing it, for the most part. How many times do we tell our kids: ..."how can you say that you do not like it, when you haven't tried it?"
                          Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Ever tried that in this country? I'd love to give baseball a go, I've tried contacting the "Munster" Warriors, it looks like they are Munster in name only, they train in Meath?!?
                            Last edited by Weetabix; 18th-July-2013, 13:48.

Comment

dont know much about baseball but everyone should read moneyball - amazingly compelling stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X