MLB - any fans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLB - any fans?

Anyone watching our spiritual baseball brethren, the Red Sox, this year? Any followers of any MLB teams on here?

Originally posted by Weetabix View Post
    Anyone watching our spiritual baseball brethren, the Red Sox, this year? Any followers of any MLB teams on here?
    With all due respect Weetabix, I'd sooner watch a best of five races between red car and blue car.
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I watch a bit of baseball, mainly the White Sox and the Cubs. It will likely be disappearing from my TV when the Sky contract with ESPN America ceases at the end of July though

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
        I watch a bit of baseball, mainly the White Sox and the Cubs. It will likely be disappearing from my TV when the Sky contract with ESPN America ceases at the end of July though
        There's a load of webstreams to keep you in the loop.
        MLB.com offers loads of free game recaps too, it's a good service.

I've a great friend who was a serious baseball prospect until injured in college, so I keep up on the Red Sox to piss him off, he's a Yankee's fan.

With all due respect Weetabix, I'd sooner watch a best of five races between red car and blue car.
        It's not to everyone's taste, I will give you that, but I lived in Boston for a while, a few stops from Fenway, and watching the games has me hankering for a return to beantown.

Comment

I hear you, I gave it my best shot in Wrigley Field one summer upon a time. It ain't my thang.
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I love baseball....I'm Giants fan having spend many years in San Francisco and watched them at Candlestick and at AT&T. Was in the city last year when we won the World Series..what a post-season that was. This year it is falling apart fast.

Baseball is a great game, slow. complex and full of personality.

Comment

Originally posted by zeno View Post
              I love baseball....I'm Giants fan having spend many years in San Francisco and watched them at Candlestick and at AT&T. Was in the city last year when we won the World Series..what a post-season that was. This year it is falling apart fast.

Baseball is a great game, slow. complex and full of personality.
              It is, and tradition and history every bit as rich as anything we have this side of the pond.
              Zeno did you ever listen to Off The Ball when it was presented by Eoin McDevitt, they used have a US Sports article every week with "U.S. Murph" rabid Giants fan.

Comment

I'm a RedSox fan, got into it when living in Mass. 15 years ago. Haven't been following much recently as staying up late to watch the baseball doesn't work so well when you're woken up at the crack of dawn by a screaming baby.

Comment

It is, and tradition and history every bit as rich as anything we have this side of the pond.
                  Zeno did you ever listen to Off The Ball when it was presented by Eoin McDevitt, they used have a US Sports article every week with "U.S. Murph" rabid Giants fan.
                  I loved that show. The podcast just isn't the same as you lose the rambling nature of the program. U.S. Murph was great on it. I still listen to him on the Murph & Mac show on KNBR radio online. He is even more hyper on KNBR.

Comment

Same as Viigand im a White Sox fan.....but would only go to Cellular Field a couple of times a year. ..compared to ND where id hardly miss a game.
                    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by zeno View Post
                      I loved that show. The podcast just isn't the same as you lose the rambling nature of the program. U.S. Murph was great on it. I still listen to him on the Murph & Mac show on KNBR radio online. He is even more hyper on KNBR.
                      Have you got a link to listen at?

Comment

As a Toronto native I'm a big Bleu Jays fan. Too bad their results this season are really poor.

Comment

So a question, as a Sox fan, saw this tweet from them this morning,
                          "Dustin Pedroia and David Ortiz participate in 3-0 #ASG win to seal home-field for AL in World Series"
                          So does this mean, whoever wins the American League get's home advantage for the World Series? COz the AL selection won the All Star game? Or something else, colour me confused

Comment

"Dustin Pedroia and David Ortiz participate in 3-0 #ASG win to seal home-field for AL in World Series"
                            So does this mean, whoever wins the American League get's home advantage for the World Series? COz the AL selection won the All Star game? Or something else, colour me confused
                            Yes I believe the League to win the All Star game get homefield advantage.

Here is a link for KNBR...pick either option for live..

http://www.knbr.com/common/page.php?...1281&is_corp=0

Here is the Murph & Mac show...they are the morning show.

http://www.knbr.com/page.php?page_id=121

Comment

You re dead on

Comment

Working...
                              X