No announcement yet.

The 2013 Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England struggling, another wicket or two in the afternoon will really put Oz in the driving seat
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Bell gone for 25, 179 for 5

Comment

Prior gone England 185 for 6 at tea.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
          Should've bowled it underarm
          It was a little weird bowling a slow bouncer when all you need to win was stop the oppo getting a 6. Surely something right up in the blockhole would have made more sense?

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
            I dunno. For me The Ashes have lost the edge. High tech tv, fancy dan bats, and sunglasses from outer space.

Denis Lilley and Thommo (who played 9 for years before taking up cricket) would be turning in their graves had they infacta been dead. They'd be ashamed to be involved in this pure commercial farce.

Irish, Welsh and Scots sparcely represented - a disgraceful call by the coach, and blatantly pro Brit. I'm so incensed and disenfranchised that I'm considering dusting off my groin protector (it's yellow by now), putting "Skippy The Bush Kangaroo" on repeat on the stereo and tearing into a couple of cases of Fosters.

Call me a dishonest fan if you wish, I don't care.
            This the same Lillee who walked purposely towards the wicket at the WACA with his aluminium bat?
            I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

England could be all out here and still have 30 overs left to bowl in the day 213-9!!!!! You can never right off the Aussies.

Comment

A combination of cockiness and sloppiness from England and some decent swing bowling from Peter Siddle who crucially pitched the ball up sees England all out for 215. Still over two hours left in the day I should think although I don't know what time they play on until.

Comment

Surely an outdated concept....same as the Lions

Discuss!!!
                  Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

I've been to 6 Ashes Series (or at least I claim to have been) so what I say carries extra weight.
                    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Don't know if there is a book anywhere on how long this game might last. I suspect it might last quite a lot longer than the market is saying and the game going into a fifth day or even being drawn might not be as mad as it might seem with 14 wickets down before 6.00 on the first day. The forecast is for baking sun from now on which tends to make the ball stop swinging at Trent Bridge and make the pitch go as flat as the atmosphere in my house during a Lions test!?!? Swann could be a spanner in the works but Broad looks in enough trouble with his shoulder. If Aus can manage to not lose anymore tonight they should find tomorrow a bit easier.

Comment

That was some pill from Anderson to remove Clarke. Think the Aussies have given themselves a chance if they bat well in the morning.

Comment

Btw, does everyone still trust the review system after Roger's dismissal?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                            That was some pill from Anderson to remove Clarke. Think the Aussies have given themselves a chance if they bat well in the morning.
                            Just caught a replay of Jimmy Anderson's delivery to Clarke. It was a beauty alright. He could be considered the Wasim Akram or Waqar Younis of modern cricket.

Ian Bell had a stinker.
                            He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Aus not going well this morning, 3 gone in 3 overs leaving them at 114-7. Doesn't even seem to be swing causing them issues, just good bowling.

This test could be over rather quickly.
                              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

117 for 9 now.
                                Last edited by Piquet; 11th-July-2013, 11:00. Reason: Another wicket fell as I wrote

Comment

Working...
                                X