The 2013 Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Even if they bowl them out I don't think England will enforce the follow on.
    But will it get to day 4??? Really really worried ...

Comment

England batsmen bit more settled today.112 for3.Day four looks promising.Good ole Root still in,young lad from Sheffield.
      Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Hope you're right there ... but forgive my ignorance here because its a new (and really complicated) world for me, but why don't England just declare (I don't want them to - I really hope there's cricket on tomorrow now that travel/hotel etc are booked), but wouldn't it be in their interests to do so? Equally I didn't understand why they didn't go for a follow on yesterday - wouldn't Australia have continued to struggle and probably not got near Englands first score.

Comment

You have to factor in that this is the second of back to back tests so the four England bowlers have done enough bowling. At this stage we have just been informed by Bumble the Aussies have bowled 370+ overs, England 230. This is about grinding the Aussies into the dust now. The follow on seems to be enforced less and less in the modern game.

Comment

The idea is to get so many runs.ad to make it out of sight for Aussies. The thought is also that the wicket will not favour batsmen the longer it goes on so England took the field again.
            Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Swann is going to turn them a new one in the second innings. I hope they can prove me wrong because I love competitive cricket, but the Aussies just don't have the batsmen I am afraid.

Comment

I take it you got tickets for Lords,anno, if so enjoy.I love test cricket,used to go to Trent bridge every year.
                Remember to take:high factor Sun screen,hat,papers,water,radio to listen to test match special TMS, plenty of dosh for beer.Sun glasses.It's great fun,and gets louder as day progresses,maybe something to do with beer.

Comment

Terrible decision by the third umpire, Bell was clearly out there.

Comment

Root 3short of 100 at tea.

Comment

Ooooooooo.Root at 99.

Comment

Yes 100 for Root well done,go on Sheffield..

Comment

England lead 486 now,they will be looking to declare soon.Put Aussies in for a few overs,not enough time to settle in.

Comment

The 2013 Ashes

As expected, England are not taking their foot off of the Aussie throat. Should think they will bat on for an hour in the morning. This is the sporting equivalent of sand into wheel barrows at this stage. The Aussies would have done exactly the same were the roles reversed. Cricket can be a uniquely cruel game at times like this. Very impressed by Root. But as Jim Maxwell correctly said on the wireless towards the end of the day it was 'cafeteria' bowling at times.
                            Last edited by the plastic paddy; 20-July-2013, 17:27.

Comment

Why keep playing? Declare overnight no?
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                                Why keep playing? Declare overnight no?
                                I think they will give the young fella an hour to get to 200.
                                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Working...
                                X