X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anything about the new Manager:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/l...ager-1-6176909

Comment

Martin Russell, ex-UCD manager, current assistant at Pats.

Comment

250 fans..

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/stuart...73308-Jul2014/

STUART TAYLOR LEFT Limerick one week ago and the club have moved swiftly to bring in his replacement — Martin Russell.
        There was a lot of hype about Limerick when they came into the Premier Division in 2013. They are playing at Thomond Park (although I know they are looking to move back to The Market Fields), they have pretty much a full-time team and have a lot going for them.
        It’s difficult to know how things are going off the field, but from what I understand there is an awful lot of work being done by the club. However, I’d have to be honest and say I’ve seen little or no progression in the team at all in terms of football.
        You can put last season down to the fact that it was their first season back in the top flight and they were trying to develop a squad but I really expected them to push on this year. It hasn’t happened though.
        They haven’t been impressive at all and I actually think they were a slightly better team last season. The likes of Joe Gamble, Stephen Bradley and David O’Leary were big losses.
        The chairman has given it every opportunity but when only 250 supporters turned up for the game against Bohemians last week, that was probably the final straw.
        He believed something needed to change. That may not necessarily be anyone’s fault but I think things had just become static so they’ve parted ways and that could suit Stuart Taylor as much as it suits Limerick FC
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Limerick will return to the Markets Field for the first time since 1984 when they face Bohemians on March 7.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/2014/12/1...-field-opener/
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

First game back in the Markets field is tomorrow night the 5th at home to Drogheda, hopefully this return to the markets field will help tum around their season

http://www.limerickfc.ie/homecoming-...ailable-online

Comment

Great memories...big brother took me to games..big crowds...Southampton in euro comp... must be nesrly 40 years ago. ..

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoCrusaders92 View Post
                Great memories...big brother took me to games..big crowds...Southampton in euro comp... must be nesrly 40 years ago. ..
                Me too. Went for many years a a young fella. A kip back then but a great kip.

I remember once during a LOI game watching part of the corrugated roof on the Popular side just collapse(there were a couple of guys standing on it!) and the game just continued!
                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."

Comment

Historic night tonight, you'd be fools to miss it if you can help it.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                    Historic night tonight, you'd be fools to miss it if you can help it.
                    Great to see them back if for no other reason than to put an end to the great spoof of Limerick soccer - "I'd go all the time if they were back in the Markets Field".

I hope it's a great night and I hope that those that come back to it tonight, keep coming back. Small bit of a shame the way the next few months' fixtures are laid out - Home tonight then not back again for a month with two consecutive home games followed by two consecutive away games. Breaks any momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoCrusaders92 View Post
                      34 years this year since Southampton - you weren't far off!

Comment

Originally posted by buster View Post
                        Great to see them back if for no other reason than to put an end to the great spoof of Limerick soccer - "I'd go all the time if they were back in the Markets Field".
                        Has the potential to be one of those games where 1,000 show up but in years to come 20,000 will claim to have been there if Limerick achieve any kind of success.

Comment

Limerick FC thread

Nice crowd here tonight. Great to be back to be honest. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433533026.968411.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	2485643

Limerick 0-1 Drogheda, 35 mins

Comment

Lim 1-2 Drog, FT
                            Bloody freezing tonight. Pitch surface superb, ground basics good - plenty or scope for more development.

Comment

Official attendance 2,300 1/2

The 1/2 was Michael D, who was there
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

They have done a great job with the ground a massive improvement, big crowd there as well. They have to bring in experience into the team as some lads not up to the standard of LOI but limerick deserved a draw at least as their keeper saved at least three certain goals for limerick which in fairness should have been put away.lets hope the crowds stays with the team as they will need money to invest in players.

Comment

Working...
                                X