No announcement yet.

Limerick FC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnificent performance away to Drogheda. Heart, bottle, grit, character, skill and courage. Disgraceful refereeing but held on with 9 men for 15 minutes for a fantastic point.

I like what I've seen in the first two games, we try and play good football. Bit different to the Scully era!

Comment

"They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by Hurler View Post
        Magnificent performance away to Drogheda. Heart, bottle, grit, character, skill and courage. Disgraceful refereeing but held on with 9 men for 15 minutes for a fantastic point.

I like what I've seen in the first two games, we try and play good football. Bit different to the Scully era!
        Was actually at the Drogheda game, ref killed us alright but we made it easy for him too. We look like a team who needs to gel but hopefully we'll be strong enough to stay up.
        It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

http://www.limerickfc.ie/ucd-preview

Second home game of season tonight

Comment

2-0 to limerick 25 mins
            finished up 3-1 ,great start to season albeit early days but encouraging 5 points from 9.
            Last edited by RED 49; 19th-March-2013, 20:50.

Comment

Sligo away tomorrow, absolutely buzzing.

Comment

4-0 away to Bray - BOOM

Up to 6th in the table now, flying it

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post

The fixture list isn't kind to us Dublin based folk. The Blues seem to be playing all the Dublin teams at home first. 17th May in the Belfield Bowl against UCD looks to be the first time I'll get to see them this season. Larry, I'll exepct you to be in attendance.
                  Totes exciteballs - even giving up free tickets to Bohs Rovers for this one!! Hon the Superblues

Comment

I'm heading straight out from work, so currently trying to figure out what bus I get from Leeson Street that will get me to Nutley Lane.

My head says 46A, but my heart says the Dublin Bus website is a complete crock of Jackeen ****e.
                    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Think 46a will do it, heading out there myself. Glorious victory awaits!
                      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Will there be beer had lads??

7.45 ko gives the option of getting out of here at 5, back to Torf and figuring out some form of trek down on public transport

Comment

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/co...dies-1-5791170

Joe O'Mahony has died.

ONE of the greatest soccer players to ever put on a Limerick jersey, Joe O’Mahony, has died.
                          He won the league in 1980 and the cup in 1971 and 1982 and captained Limerick against Real Madrid in the European Cup at Lansdowne Road and in the famous Bernabeau stadium.
                          He was an ever present on the Limerick team and one of the best defenders in the League of Ireland for a 20 year period.
                          Those games were a long way from Caledonian Park and Shelbourne Park when he first played with Reds United. The arrival of Eoin Hand in Limerick turned senior soccer and brought long awaited success.
                          For years Joe played alongside Al Finucane, and they were the most recognisable centre back pairing in the League of Ireland.
                          Outside football Joe was a quiet gentleman, who had time to talk to everyone. Funeral arrangements are expected later.

I worked with Joe many years ago on work experience in TY and again for the summer hols and he was a true gent in the office, and as I later saw, a huge boot on him for free kicks. Sad day.
                          We made a balls of it, and that's something we've got to live with: Ronan O'Gara. (losing home HC record v Leicester)

Look at soccer. If you get tackled, you pretend you are half dead. If you get punched in the face in rugby, you try to pretend nothing happened. (Paul O'Connell)

Comment

Originally posted by Langford View Post
                            http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/co...dies-1-5791170

Joe O'Mahony has died.

ONE of the greatest soccer players to ever put on a Limerick jersey, Joe O’Mahony, has died.
                            He won the league in 1980 and the cup in 1971 and 1982 and captained Limerick against Real Madrid in the European Cup at Lansdowne Road and in the famous Bernabeau stadium.
                            He was an ever present on the Limerick team and one of the best defenders in the League of Ireland for a 20 year period.
                            Those games were a long way from Caledonian Park and Shelbourne Park when he first played with Reds United. The arrival of Eoin Hand in Limerick turned senior soccer and brought long awaited success.
                            For years Joe played alongside Al Finucane, and they were the most recognisable centre back pairing in the League of Ireland.
                            Outside football Joe was a quiet gentleman, who had time to talk to everyone. Funeral arrangements are expected later.

I worked with Joe many years ago on work experience in TY and again for the summer hols and he was a true gent in the office, and as I later saw, a huge boot on him for free kicks. Sad day.
                            Before my time, but that 80-82 Limerick team is spoken about around the city with the same reverence as the '78 Munster team and '73 All-Ireland hurling team. Sounded like great days in the Markets Field. Would love to have been around for them.

Comment

RIP Joe. An absolute gent.
                              We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                              Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

I remember him well. In their last league match at Athlone in 1979/80, Joe stepped up and scored the equalising penalty and won Limerick the title. Late on in his career he took all the free kicks within shooting distance, and scored with many.

Watched him for many years at the Markets Field. He would have been delighted if he'd lived to witness the return of senior soccer there.

RIP.
                                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X