Limerick FC thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limerick FC thread

A Thread to discuss Limerick FC and their new season.Returning to the premier level of irish football for the first time in 19 years .
    As a proud sports mad Limerickman can i say wecome back and best of luck to all concerned.

first game telivised on sunday v cork

http://www.limerickfc.ie/limerick-fc...ed-live-on-rte
    Last edited by RED 49; 8th-March-2013, 00:41.

Hon the Superblues!!
    "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Great to have the first home game televised, looking forward to sitting down and watching it Sunday evening now.

The fixture list isn't kind to us Dublin based folk. The Blues seem to be playing all the Dublin teams at home first. 17th May in the Belfield Bowl against UCD looks to be the first time I'll get to see them this season. Larry, I'll exepct you to be in attendance.

Anyway, great to see Premier Division football back in Limerick again, it's been far too long. Might be a struggle this season but hopefully they can consolidate and push on next year. I'd also urge as many Limerick based posters as possible to get to TP on Sunday, and throughout the season. There are some extremely hard working people in the Club and it's taken great effort to get where they are now. Senior football gets very little attention in the city so any extra bit of support this year will be invaluable.

If you're tired of the bloated and glitzy premiership a bit of LOI is the perfect remedy!
      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
        Great to have the first home game televised, looking forward to sitting down and watching it Sunday evening now.

The fixture list isn't kind to us Dublin based folk. The Blues seem to be playing all the Dublin teams at home first. 17th May in the Belfield Bowl against UCD looks to be the first time I'll get to see them this season. Larry, I'll exepct you to be in attendance.

Anyway, great to see Premier Division football back in Limerick again, it's been far too long. Might be a struggle this season but hopefully they can consolidate and push on next year. I'd also urge as many Limerick based posters as possible to get to TP on Sunday, and throughout the season. There are some extremely hard working people in the Club and it's taken great effort to get where they are now. Senior football gets very little attention in the city so any extra bit of support this year will be invaluable.

If you're tired of the bloated and glitzy premiership a bit of LOI is the perfect remedy!
        I'll be there with bells on

Comment

Boring!

Bandwaggoners!
          Last edited by Lemmy; 8th-March-2013, 12:54.
          I'm everything they say I am
          I'm so bad baby I don't care

Comment

Lads, if the cork thread is anything to go by, get off of this one.... you are wrecking Red 49's chance at easily being able to count his posts....
            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
              Lads, if the cork thread is anything to go by, get off of this one.... you are wrecking Red 49's chance at easily being able to count his posts....
              ah sure you never know there might be a bit of interest ,limerick people love sport hurling , football and rugby of course . the cork thread is only lemmy talking to lemmy !

Comment

Spotted at a TNA Wrestling event in Florida

Comment

I'll be watching this thread. Used to go to the Markets Field with a close friend as a teenager - Limerick were pretty average back then, but with some useful and interesting players - Des Kennedy, Tony Meaney, Paddy Shortt, Shay Doyle, Joe O'Mahony, Kevin Fitz, and so on.

Great atmosphere on FAI Cup days. The popular side was sometimes more fun, because you could get a bit closer to the players, despite the dog track. But is was dangerous there - the rusty corrugated roof collapsed one Sunday during a match - no one hurt, and the game never even stopped.

I drifted away after that, but when they go back to the "Markets", I'll definitely have a look.

Best of luck to Pat O'Sullivan, Stuart Taylor and the players for the new season in the top flight.
                  "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                  Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                    I'll be watching this thread. Used to go to the Markets Field with a close friend as a teenager - Limerick were pretty average back then, but with some useful and interesting players - Des Kennedy, Tony Meaney, Paddy Shortt, Shay Doyle, Joe O'Mahony, Kevin Fitz, and so on.

Great atmosphere on FAI Cup days. The popular side was sometimes more fun, because you could get a bit closer to the players, despite the dog track. But is was dangerous there - the rusty corrugated roof collapsed one Sunday during a match - no one hurt, and the game never even stopped.

I drifted away after that, but when they go back to the "Markets", I'll definitely have a look.

Best of luck to Pat O'Sullivan, Stuart Taylor and the players for the new season in the top flight.
                    mention of des kennedy

n http://m.limerickleader.ie/sport/the...wice-1-4856712

Comment

Originally posted by RED 49 View Post
                      He was outstanding the day Limerick played Real Madrid in Lansdowne Road in the European Cup in 1980.
                      Last edited by glorob; 9th-March-2013, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                        He was outstanding the day Limerick played Real Madrid in Lansdowne Road in the European Cup in 1980.
                        God that makes me feel my age. Was at that game as a nipper. Think we lost the game in Madrid 5-1
                        Con Artist

Comment

It's amazing how the goals scored against Madrid in the first round and the final were by Kennedy's. Des and Alan.
                          We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                          Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

0-0 half time ,curretly on rte 2 for those not watching foreign teams !

Comment

This Galbraith lad looks a player!! Also, Axel Boss is like a mini Benteke

Comment

Working...
                              X