Question for runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the advice lads.
    Quick update, to break the monotony of training, I did a "competitive" 5KM on Saturday in 30 minutes, wasn't quite feeling the love but it did break the routines a bit.
    But on Tuesday night, just to freshen it up, took my dog out with me, been pondering it for a while so I approached it with a bit of trepidation.
    Chose a nice open space, with no one around, left him off the lead and......a revelation! Totally enjoyed it, and the dog did too.
    Might do it more often now as the weather get's better (it is going to get better right?).

Thanks again for the advice to break it up a bit.

Comment

Having never been anyway inclined to distance run in my life before (more of a sprinter, shocking dangerous over short disances) I've recently decided to have a go at a 10K at the end of May. Ran just under 5K last night in about 23 minutes. Main difficulty at the moment is controlling my pace because I tend to fly out of the blocks and end up barely dragging my arse home for the last kilometre. Hopefully aiming for somewhere between 45 and 50 minutes for the 10K.

Any tips on what could help me achieve that would be appreciated.
      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

I entered this , the Titan race. I am starting my build up next Monday. I don't know why I did it, it was more of a incentive to stop smoking but I find it ironic that I could kill myself sooner by doing the race itself. Anyway what will be will be, if I survive it it will be a bonus. All or nothing is the motto.

http://www.hellandback.ie/
        Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
          Having never been anyway inclined to distance run in my life before (more of a sprinter, shocking dangerous over short disances) I've recently decided to have a go at a 10K at the end of May. Ran just under 5K last night in about 23 minutes. Main difficulty at the moment is controlling my pace because I tend to fly out of the blocks and end up barely dragging my arse home for the last kilometre. Hopefully aiming for somewhere between 45 and 50 minutes for the 10K.

Any tips on what could help me achieve that would be appreciated.
          Total opposite for me, start slow and build to a steady shuffle/pace, no tips from me, just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Weetabix View Post
            Total opposite for me, start slow and build to a steady shuffle/pace, no tips from me, just sayin'
            same as me. My sister sets pace in front-shorter legs and stride. We run the road so as soon as we turn back the Gap of Dunloe tourist horse comes out of me and I leg it for home. We usualky end up setting fastest km on the way back.
            so best suggestion is to persuade Dumptruck to run in front if you for the first 5k.
            Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
              same as me. My sister sets pace in front-shorter legs and stride. We run the road so as soon as we turn back the Gap of Dunloe tourist horse comes out of me and I leg it for home. We usualky end up setting fastest km on the way back.
              so best suggestion is to persuade Dumptruck to run in front if you for the first 5k.
              Run? No chance

Comment

Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
                Run? No chance
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-28-19-54-27--1255737196.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	2476541
                Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post